It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

Just bought the game and... dissapoint, completed xcom2 and many other turn based games on normal. Started this game on normal and WTF is this ??? suddenly my 2 characters are surrounded by +6-7 enemies ? have to run half the map to get cog points to even attack ? how come the enemy gets to attack straight away without needing cog points ? died in mission 3-4-5 and then I unistalled quit and regreted buying.

Anyone who likes to enjoy what they pay for I would not recomend, tutorial shows a completly different game... and then suddenly the enemy is either 50hp points ahead or theres 8 more of them than you... another warhammer game screwed .. .. cant they get anything right ??

They say dying is ok.. sure it is ... but if you do so you wont be able to do further missions so you can get fk..ed
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
In this mission you are supposed to survive few turns (5 or 6), not attack.
Just play hide & seek.
Hint: you, and the ennemies, can't fire through walls or pillars.

Search google you will find plenty of posts with tips and probably video.
The game is quite nice, nice sound, ambiance, etc. and is not that difficult, especially in normal difficulty.
Post edited March 05, 2020 by Imarion
likomar: Hi all,

Just bought the game and... dissapoint, completed xcom2 and many other turn based games on normal. Started this game on normal and WTF is this ??? suddenly my 2 characters are surrounded by +6-7 enemies ? have to run half the map to get cog points to even attack ? how come the enemy gets to attack straight away without needing cog points ? died in mission 3-4-5 and then I unistalled quit and regreted buying.

Anyone who likes to enjoy what they pay for I would not recomend, tutorial shows a completly different game... and then suddenly the enemy is either 50hp points ahead or theres 8 more of them than you... another warhammer game screwed .. .. cant they get anything right ??

They say dying is ok.. sure it is ... but if you do so you wont be able to do further missions so you can get fk..ed
If your talking about the end of the first expedition where you still only have two members of the mechnicum...All you are supposed to do is make it to the exit. I sacrificed one member so my priest could live to upload the data gathered, looking back on it I could have prolly got both out had I been more paitent. Seeing a gigantic Necron with spider legs and 50 hp might have led to a bit of panic!
likomar: Hi all,

Grewsome: If your talking about the end of the first expedition where you still only have two members of the mechnicum...All you are supposed to do is make it to the exit. I sacrificed one member so my priest could live to upload the data gathered, looking back on it I could have prolly got both out had I been more paitent. Seeing a gigantic Necron with spider legs and 50 hp might have led to a bit of panic!
True, i had to restart the campain and realised this is not a game where you can walk in and start winning, it's kinda like darkest dungeon, your characters will die from time to time , not all missions will be succesful. I just realy wanted to kill the big spider in the first mission, 3-6 missions into the game i still get around 5+8 enemies more than there is of me+ exploring all rooms on missions is impossible for me i constanly have to just run to objective and do nothing more and already have 3rd level alert, and not many places to hide while there are enemies on all sides
That's the idea.
You see the hallways, so you must plan your travel accordingly.
Also exploit all your tools, like the "prayers" you can choose. (I do not remember the exact name).

Do not forget that spending time in a tomb = time spent for the campaign.
But travelling a hallway you already travelled does not count.
Same goes for the turns in combat.

Nonetheless, do not hesitate to spend time in combat to reach an interesting bonus/resource. Sometimes I was leaving 1 enemy alive and trying to reach an item that can give resources.

So taking this into consideration plan your travel and turns to get as much benefit for as less time as possible.

Also check carefully the mission objective (you will get other "survive x turns fights" and sometimes you will have to rush the objective rather than killing all ennemies).
Post edited March 06, 2020 by Imarion
The early game is the hardest part of the game for sure.
one thing I really would have liked to know going in is that you can shoot the little Necron computers after (or before) you use them to get blackstone to lower the necron activity bar. This is very useful for making sure you get a good number of early missions in before you are thrown off the deep end into harder missions later on.