It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm not sure why I'm getting the problem now as the game worked fine before, but when I try to play the game, the menus and everything work fine, but once at the actual gameplay, nothing works. The music loops endlessly, and when I try to make my characters do anything, sprites overlap and then they freeze in place and the game no longer responds.
Did you try other saves (last player turn and last AI turn) to see if they work?
Also have you tried to start a new game, save (with a new name) then load that save?
Yes to all of those.
glaceal: Yes to all of those.
This is weird, because I've also met this kind of bugs, but only after modding the game : some changes (weapon parameters for example) can eventually lead to general screw-ups like those you describe, once the game becomes unable to load certain parameters correctly. You'll get freezes (music loops, etc.) right from the start or once actions requiring those parameters occur. But I've never seen that in the basic unaltered version...

I guess you already tried to reinstall everything ? As long you preserve (copy, etc.) your Save_G folder, you won't lose anything... and this should even be saved in Gog's cloud.
glaceal: Yes to all of those.
Zaephir-Moth: This is weird, because I've also met this kind of bugs, but only after modding the game : some changes (weapon parameters for example) can eventually lead to general screw-ups like those you describe, once the game becomes unable to load certain parameters correctly. You'll get freezes (music loops, etc.) right from the start or once actions requiring those parameters occur. But I've never seen that in the basic unaltered version...

I guess you already tried to reinstall everything ? As long you preserve (copy, etc.) your Save_G folder, you won't lose anything... and this should even be saved in Gog's cloud.
Well, at the time i couldn't even get past the first mission before something bad happened, so when I restarted the issues occurred and I gave up.
Zaephir-Moth: This is weird, because I've also met this kind of bugs, but only after modding the game : some changes (weapon parameters for example) can eventually lead to general screw-ups like those you describe, once the game becomes unable to load certain parameters correctly. You'll get freezes (music loops, etc.) right from the start or once actions requiring those parameters occur. But I've never seen that in the basic unaltered version...

glaceal: Well, at the time i couldn't even get past the first mission before something bad happened, so when I restarted the issues occurred and I gave up.
Try to uninstall and reinstall the game... What you're describing shouldn't occur with a normal, non modified installation, with default parameters, especially with Gog's last version.
There was, for example, in the first version of the game, a well known bug which could cause that sort of issue during the first mission - a sound file was missing, meaning each time it was triggered... -, but that shouldn't be the case anymore.
Post edited March 23, 2023 by Zaephir-Moth
glaceal: Well, at the time i couldn't even get past the first mission before something bad happened, so when I restarted the issues occurred and I gave up.
Zaephir-Moth: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game... What you're describing shouldn't occur with a normal, non modified installation, with default parameters, especially with Gog's last version.
There was, for example, in the first version of the game, a well known bug which could cause that sort of issue during the first mission - a sound file was missing, meaning each time it was triggered... -, but that shouldn't be the case anymore.
That might've been the issue I had back in the day. Would be worth restarting the game and trying again.