It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heya fellow GoG members / Blizzard fans!

I´m a new GoG user and just picked up WC2 Battle.net edition to relive golden times :-)

First I´m doing the campaigns on the Classic mode version.

1. Do the video settings modification modify the Warcraft II (Classic) mode at all or only the Warcraft II ¨enhanced¨ mode?

2. If they do alter the ¨Classic¨ version also; what settings do you guys recon? For now I have been playing with all settings on ¨Default¨. (see included screenshot). You recon these settings or others? I´m playing a Win10 (1809 build) with a 24inch 16:9 monitor (FHD res).

My goal is to achieve the best image quality possible. I played the game in the past when it first released and I think I had better image quality than I do now (at least in my memory..).

I have been trying to find answers on the internet but still no full solutions.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Cheers!
Attachments:
001.jpg (41 Kb)
Post edited November 09, 2019 by Soniqueta
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
No, the settings are for enhanced only. But I see no reason to play classic over it for singleplayer.

Anyway, the only settings that matter is changing display mode to "same as desktop". Crispier image and no video mode switching when alt-tabbing or just starting the game.

And set Vsync to disabled. I generally prefer to play with it on, but it causes awful lag and even small freezes in W2, like frame skips frequently. Just don't use it.

As for the rest:

Don't use windowed mode, it works weirdly. It always stays on top, can't be moved normally (if you try to go for borderless window, you actually cannot even alt-tab, better to use fullscreen). Oh and it still has that mouse glitch where it goes over the edge on the right and bottom side.

You'd want to set scaling method to integer if your desktop resolution was actually a multiple of the original (or rather if the vertical portion of it was, since you'll have free space on the sides for black bars anyway) - 1080 is not a multiple of 480 if you have that resolution, but 1440 is.

Aspect ratio is obviously on (should be on with the default setting), unless you for some reason prefer stretched image over having black bars on the side.

The AF and AA settings didn't make any impact far as I could tell so I just leave them at default too.
Post edited April 17, 2019 by Jann180
Jann180: No, the settings are for enhanced only. But I see no reason to play classic over it for singleplayer.

Anyway, the only settings that matter is changing display mode to "same as desktop". Crispier image and no video mode switching when alt-tabbing or just starting the game.

And set Vsync to disabled. I generally prefer to play with it on, but it causes awful lag and even small freezes in W2, like frame skips frequently. Just don't use it.

As for the rest:

Don't use windowed mode, it works weirdly. It always stays on top, can't be moved normally (if you try to go for borderless window, you actually cannot even alt-tab, better to use fullscreen). Oh and it still has that mouse glitch where it goes over the edge on the right and bottom side.

You'd want to set scaling method to integer if your desktop resolution was actually a multiple of the original (or rather if the vertical portion of it was, since you'll have free space on the sides for black bars anyway) - 1080 is not a multiple of 480 if you have that resolution, but 1440 is.

Aspect ratio is obviously on (should be on with the default setting), unless you for some reason prefer stretched image over having black bars on the side.

The AF and AA settings didn't make any impact far as I could tell so I just leave them at default too.
Hey!

No matter what i change its allways the same.. its like im back in 1999..
I still have those big black bars on the side etc..

I press the WC2 icon, GOG galaxy starts, i press settings and do the changes, pressing Warcraft 2 ( This version features only LAN and enhanced resolustion controls" but once im in the game its still loks like it did back in -99

What Im I doing wrong? =(
What you expect?