It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded an updated installer for Volgarr the Viking that will update your game to version 1.3.4 and we added the Mac version as well. We are still working out some details regarding the Linux version but don't worry, we haven't forgotten about our Linux fans and we hope to get you the Linux version very soon :)

Changelog:

----
First version with Mac OSX and Linux support!
Fixed the settings for disabling down+jump = roll and disabling
up+attack = spear being swapped in what they actually did.
Fixed a runtime error when using SDL-based sound playback with the
latest version of SDL2.DLL.
Fixed a crash when pressing a specific button sequence that only
Kickstarter beta testers should have tried using.
Faster loading times - up to half the time it took before.
Fixed invisible World 4 boss when using OpenGL render option.
Fixed invisible special attack effect in the World 6 boss fight.
Fixed a minor collision oddity in World 3-2V.
Screenshot hotkey has been changed to F12 instead of F11, since F11 is
commonly used for switching between full screen and windowed mode.
Game will now detect if it is running faster than it is supposed to and
after a few seconds switch to a manual timer mode, which will force the
proper frame rate (but may cause screen tearing). If you want the game
to immediately enter this mode, you can use the command line option:
-vsync=4. You can also usually prevent this problem from happening in
the first place by setting VSync to On for Volgarr in your video card's
per-application settings (if your video card driver has such capability).

---
Fixed an exploit that allowed opening the same chest over and over
again, gaining infinite gold (points) and items.
Game is no longer packed into a single .exe, and instead has a .exe file
and a separate .pak file, to prevent certain over-zealous virus
scanners from claiming the game has a virus because of the packed .exe.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Post edited October 31, 2014 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've uploaded an updated installer for Volgarr the Viking that will update your game to version 1.3.4 and we added the Mac version as well. We are still working out some details regarding the Linux version but don't worry, we haven't forgotten about our Linux fans and we hope to get you the Linux version very soon :)
Has the save feature been updated by any chance? Or does the game still only save to the Registry?
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

IronArcturus: Has the save feature been updated by any chance? Or does the game still only save to the Registry?
Check the previous patch thread, perhaps? Maybe it was updated then? :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/volgarr_the_viking/volgarr_the_viking_has_been_updated_to_version_131
JudasIscariot: Check the previous patch thread, perhaps? Maybe it was updated then? :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/volgarr_the_viking/volgarr_the_viking_has_been_updated_to_version_131
If I recall with that previous version, the game still only saved to some key in the Registry. Unfortunately, it can be a pain trying to backup a save that's embedded in the Registry. I was hoping they had converted the save to a regular file.
My avatar is very happy about that update and burps thankfully! :)
Thanks for Mac version!
Since I didn't get any notification whatosever, could anyone please tell me if the GOG installer v. 2.5.0 is the latest one, for Volgarr 1.3.4?
Attachments:
groze: Since I didn't get any notification whatosever, could anyone please tell me if the GOG installer v. 2.5.0 is the latest one, for Volgarr 1.3.4?
Yes, it installs Volgarr 1.3.4. Seems an easy one to test unless you are near your download limit?
groze: Since I didn't get any notification whatosever, could anyone please tell me if the GOG installer v. 2.5.0 is the latest one, for Volgarr 1.3.4?
Gydion: Yes, it installs Volgarr 1.3.4. Seems an easy one to test unless you are near your download limit?
Actually, we haven't had a limit on our downloads, over here, for years, now... I'm just not at my computer at the time, and the person I'm staying at -- and whose computer I'm using -- doesn't want me to install anything in here.

So, thanks for the clarification!
We've submitted some new versions to GoG.com since this one, I'm not sure what the delay is but hopefully soon version 1.36 will be posted which includes offline achievements!