It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The >>news<<

tl;dr version: basically the same as the thread title. Bloodlines 2 is currently and oficially without developer after six and something years of developing. Man, the Bloodlines 1 development is starting to look pretty normal compared with this.
"get woke, go broke"
strikes again
More like "Oh no they got woke, fire the woke, ditch the project and hope to survive as a company" :P

Politics poisons everything.
After losing the Creative Director now the whole developer studio got canceled. This game will never be published... So sad.
Post edited February 23, 2021 by ScareYa
Klint: The >>news<<

tl;dr version: basically the same as the thread title. Bloodlines 2 is currently and oficially without developer after six and something years of developing. Man, the Bloodlines 1 development is starting to look pretty normal compared with this.
Does anyone know the actual reason? Or are we just wildly speculating?
Does anyone know how the make refund? I made pre-order in 2020 and it is look like it was big mistake :(
edorien: "get woke, go broke"
strikes again
Gromuhl: More like "Oh no they got woke, fire the woke, ditch the project and hope to survive as a company" :P

Politics poisons everything.
Would love to see what part of the "wokeness" caused this. Was Cyberpunk too woke, too, I wonder?
Also, Vampire the Masquerade is an inherently political game, it always was.
Klint: The >>news<<

GR11: Does anyone know the actual reason? Or are we just wildly speculating?
I suspect that this project was a bit too big for a modest developer like HardSuit Labs. Also, firing their directors and replacing them with an ex Ubisoft marketing guy probably didn't help.
Post edited February 24, 2021 by Klint
Klint: I suspect that this project was a bit too big for a modest developer like HardSuit Labs. Also, firing their directors and replacing them with an ex Ubisoft marketing guy probably didn't help.
--------------------------------------

Could be. In the case of System Shock 3 they noticed really late in development that they would have to switch engines. I really liked the screenshots and early concept. But of course you also need to run all that.

Klint: Would love to see what part of the "wokeness" caused this. Was Cyberpunk too woke, too, I wonder?
Also, Vampire the Masquerade is an inherently political game, it always was.

It's simply not a joke anymore. The day these people started burning Harry Potter books live on Twitter, wishing JK Rowling would die or toppling Columbus statues they crossed the last line.
Post edited February 24, 2021 by GR11
GR11: Could be. In the case of System Shock 3 they noticed really late in development that they would have to switch engines. I really liked the screenshots and early concept. But of course you also need to run all that.
I got the feeling that SS3 wasn't "that" advanced, mostly because they showed very little content before the reboot. Bloodlines 2 on the other hand has been present in most videogames fairs in the last year and a half, which was a little concerning itself because they ALWAYS showed the same prologue demo over and over and over.
GR11: It's simply not a joke anymore. The day these people started burning Harry Potter books live on Twitter, wishing JK Rowling would die or toppling Columbus statues they crossed the last line.
I don't remember seeing any book burning on Twitter, and JK Rowling probably shouldn't die, but if she's going to spread hate speech, she could at least shut herself up.
That doesn't have anything to do with Columbus, anyway, and as a spaniard I can say he can f**k himself and I hope he's suffering very much in hell, and A LOT of spaniards share the sentiment. The guy was considered a cruel genocidal nutjob even in his time, go figures.
Most importantly... nothing of that have anything to do with Bloodlines 2 getting stuck in the nines circles of development hell.
Post edited February 24, 2021 by Klint
Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

After the Cyberpunk debacle, if management decided to fire the entire team because they were not meeting goals at all in the initial one year delay, that's maybe for the best, as long as they commented the code right.

Worst case scenario it's the opposite and management was being reactionary and we will have cyberpunk squared, then it will be horrible.

I'd hope that at the minimum it gets a sort-of-complete release like KOTOR 2, otherwise it'd be terrible.
"Pre-purchase to receive in-game dev commenary feat. Brian Mitsoda and the following items:"

Source: Ad on the shop site

Soo... without Brian and them probably changing the game considerably... can GOG even deliver on this?

I'd like to get more details before asking for a refund. One thing is for sure tho: it deeply worries me to read that Alexandre Mandryka is on board now. Source: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/an-update-on-the-organizational-changes-for-bloodlines-2

Anyone may disagree, but I reeeaaally didn't like that guy's titles. Assassin's Creed, Warhammer 40k and Far Cry? Sorry, but I didn't like any of those and I can't imagine this Alexandre character having a positive impact on a VTM title :(
Attachments:
Post edited February 25, 2021 by vertex
As HSL is not working on Bloodlines 2 anymore, it doesn't matter who works there...
worst pre-order of my life... xD
vertex: Anyone may disagree, but I reeeaaally didn't like that guy's titles. Assassin's Creed, Warhammer 40k and Far Cry? Sorry, but I didn't like any of those and I can't imagine this Alexandre character having a positive impact on a VTM title :(
That was along time ago... hes more into logistics and strategy, the guys a get it done without much sacrifice sort of player now... his company gamewhispering is focused on issues and circumstances such as the one Bloodlines 2 is in now.

Also his latest title "Space Marine" is extremely well done... if you are a 40k fan and play the table top this game seriously is a glorified 3d version of that. He held to the formula like it was super glued on him. If he keeps that dedication and brings it to Bloodlines 2 I have no worries at all this project will end up finished in a playable state.... its already come very far...

That said hardsuit is gone now so if hes still heading it there may be a buffer time as a new team grapples the tools and gets a feel for all the systems at play.
Post edited February 28, 2021 by Starkrun
low rated
hardsuit labs is only known for 1 game that is an online game. Blacklight retribution. It was dismal failure. in 2019, the servers shutdown, leaving players unable to play. They are inexprienced and underqualified to produce a game of the caliber that Bloodlines needs to be. Fortunately, if I read thigns correctly, Paradox owns the rights to the game and has their own studios. The game is NOT without a deelopers, it is without a useless partner developer.

Paradox made it cleart hat the game IS going to be developed and they do not need to start over, just delay the release a little longer.

I don't know where this q-anon woke crap comes from. But most of the people who claim someone or themselves are woke, thjey are just pseudo religious nut jobs with delusions about reality and often anout an invisible magic man in the sky. When a moron or religious idiot calls you woke, you should realise that you are wrong about everything. Look at all those "woke" people in the capital on January 6th! They don't feel so "woke" now that they are going to jail for a narcissistic authoritarian they thought would bring great change. They were idiots, following some made up pseuso-religious nonsensical composite of other works of nonsense and qanon crap! Now their idiocy has lead them to prison on federal charges of insurrection, vandalism, murder, conspiracy and many other charges for many of them.