It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

alcaray: I'm starting to detect a theme here. Have fun.
Me too. Your hypocritical views falling apart under even the barest scrutiny. In my experience, most proponents of cancel culture generally find their views indefensible and either resort to direct ad hominem or just refusing to discuss them like you.

I mean, your obvious and naked bigotry aside, this is all immaterial. As wesp5 pointed out and linked to, the entire debacle was nonsense constructed by a spurned woman lashing out an ex-boyfriend and taking advantage of the current cultural climate and the throngs of horking seals who support it. I imagine a lot of scores, real and imaginary, are being settled while this flash in the pan social crusade stays relevant.
Post edited September 11, 2020 by Roahin
Going back to one of the primary things stated here...

I don't think its too terrible for me to be excited at the possibility to play as a gay male in the new game...is it? I think being able to set my sexuality at the start and potentially thus avoid any sexual encounters with the opposite sex that would not be to my liking and, in some instances, might even be...uncomfortable for me isn't all too much to ask. It's not like I am asking for them to genderbend all women to men and make them all interested in having intimate relations with my character. Though I admit that it would be nice if a few options for romantic partners and/or ghouls etc would be nice, I am not going to go so far as to expect or demand it.

I loved VtMB 1 and still do to this day. I had wished that there were male blood dolls and/or a male ghoul option, but aside from being ghouled by a woman during a sexual encounter, there wasn't really anything major in the way of intimate relationships to make me too upset at the lack of gay representation.

Ignoring this issue however, I am extremely concerned at the direction that the game might go now that the original leads have been removed and I am steadily losing my faith in receiving a product that even resembles the WoD that I have come to love. I never had a high level of faith in the first place, knowing the kind of model that Paradox typically employs in games and their nasty habit of releasing dumpster fires only to rebuild the game into something passable within a few years, but the addition of original members gave me hope. Honestly, I would simply be happy with a straight on remake of the original with actual character design/options, more dialogue choices, maybe a few side quests and updated graphics. But for a sequel I afford myself the lofty expectations of it at least being a WoD game...an expectation I dearly hope to come true regardless of if my sexuality gets representation or not. I love the WoD for its grit and macabre beauty. For the dark dance of the jihad and the careful waltz of maintaining your humanity, or the savage ferocity of tossing humanity to the side to embrace the monster you've become. This world means a lot to me, and for now I can only wait and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
would you people just go back to topic
Post edited October 06, 2020 by mahsa_alz1373
lordhoff: ...
alcaray: You have to be of sound mind, according of the law, to be responsible for all sorts of things.
Except being drunk or high is not a defense for murder.
So, Brian Mitsoda is gone now. Anyone knows whether this had to do with this political stuff? Or completely unrelated?

I was ok and even thrilled with politics in Alpha Centauri. But there is a thin line between letting players choose their ideology and lead it to victory and forcing players to choose a certain ideology and support it or else.
lordhoff: What I'm saying is, a person would role play a Nazi to be an extra evil vampire. It's just an easy way to show others right away that you are evil - everyone imediately understands it
squid830: Yeah that's pretty much what I was trying to say: most people who roleplay Nazis would be roleplaying evil people.
lol
low rated
they never hired me so I don't expect much from that game. I know a lot of things if not most vtmb2 needs to do.
squid830: If the only issue is the possibility of violating laws, then all they have to do is replace the swastikas with something else that isn't a swastika. The law is primarily concerned with Nazi imagery AFAIK, even if the intention is to ensure that Nazis aren't idolized in media.

And Steve Irwin's family will likely never have a sense of humour about Steve getting killed by a Stingray, yet that doesn't stop anyone from making jokes about it.

Besides, they could always make the Nazis the bad guys - like in many other media over the years. No one seems to complain in that case, and it would make sense that Nazi vampires would be in the Sabbat anyway, if they did exist in this Universe.
lordhoff: I think that anyone who idolized a Nazi would be laughed off the table by the others. There are a fringe that consider themselves Nazis but, IMO, they are classic idiots that can be safely ignored. What I'm saying is, a person would role play a Nazi to be an extra evil vampire. It's just an easy way to show others right away that you are evil - everyone imediately understands it and it's the reason Nazi imagery (and associating people with Hitler) is so over used. My tendancy these days is to call people doing what I consider evil "Stalin". I guess that means I'm offending the gulag survivers now.
Well, that depends if you mean politically Nazi by choice or just a German soldier swept up during the war at the time. The Longinus Dreizehn Orden from Dies Irae is rather... morally diverse. For example, in Interview with Kaziklu Bey, Beatrice is rather uncomfortable (to put it lightly) when Wilhelm was using the Soviet POWs as punching bags when venting about his less than successful love life.

As for this topic as a whole, admittedly, I do like the trope subversion where siding with Ming Xiao is a bad end. In Daggerfall, siding with the orcs, or in Fire Emblem 3 Houses, siding with Claude, the "diversity" option is considered a positive for "ending racism".
Post edited January 29, 2021 by LoliVampLover
If they really want to make the game relevant to the modern real world, they should put the Kuei-Jin as successfully taken over Hollywood. I respect Isaac enough to assume that he wouldn't willingly align himself with the eastern devils, but he might have been destroyed or driven into hiding by them (after all, Ming Xiao is more an ambassador than the highest leader, so her being dead doesn't really affect the Kuei-Jin power overall).
Woke all you want, just give players option to op out of that or have it be interesting or entertaining. Don't be Rian Johnston be J. Michael Straczynski!

Tho to be fair the situation is complete mess, everyone fired like year ago was really high up and implied major foundational shift of the story.
If sjws arent all bad, and people who dont really want political views and agendas injected into every facet of tbeir entertainment etc etc

Why then do these types of threads always go on for dozens of pages, with both sides demanding to be right and the opposition be wrong, neither a care in the world for eithers view.....?

Telss me that theres obviously an issue there, whether you "want" to agree or not.

I for one cant stand all that political rubbish in films, games, books comics etc. Its fucking exhausting frankly, i just want to be entertained but its been a slog since about 2016 (ghostbusters was i believe patient zero)

But then, im a 42 year old white guy. Im not important or catered to.

And the practice of "downvoting" because " i dont agree withyou". Is cringeworthy. Im not entirely sure what people think theyre proving with that....

Edit: i love that the direct quote and reply to my post, basically proves its point entirely. also note the language...not two sides who disagree on a subject..no, "highly polarized partisans" (lol) who clearly have an agenda..

i ask you....... *facepalm/headshake*
Post edited March 08, 2021 by falster
high rated
falster: Why then do these types of threads always go on for dozens of pages, with both sides demanding to be right and the opposition be wrong, neither a care in the world for eithers view.....?

Telss me that theres obviously an issue there, whether you "want" to agree or not.
It does *not* show there are issues. It specifically shows that there are highly polarized partisans who like to argue with each other, and to spoil the mood for everyone else.
Wait, so no calling an African bodyguard, Magilla Gorilla?
So rather then focus on proper storytelling, they would rather be on message.
What, do I have to donate my extra blood packs to Skelter (but not Ash) or something?