It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nate1222: Mac version won't read my gamepad, Logitech F310, in neither Direct Input nor Xinput mode.
l3l3l5l: Yeah my game pad doesn't work (Mac) either. Very few games seem to support gamepad on Macs and developers just prefer to shrug it off unfortunately.
The irony is: Unepic, Guacamellee, Hammerwatch, Cave Story +, Megabyte Punch, and several other 2D platformers DO support gamepads on Mac. So a gamepad intensive game, like Valdis Story, not supporting gamepad is unacceptable.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by nate1222
l3l3l5l: Yeah my game pad doesn't work (Mac) either. Very few games seem to support gamepad on Macs and developers just prefer to shrug it off unfortunately.
nate1222: The irony is: Unepic, Guacamellee, Hammerwatch, Cave Story +, Megabyte Punch, and several other 2D platformers DO support gamepads on Mac. So a gamepad intensive game, like Valdis Story, not supporting gamepad is unacceptable.
Possibly it'll be fixed with the release that includes the Linux port (which is what I'm waiting on).

I haven't tried a large number of platformers, but so far none have had any more issues on Linux than Win. Not sure why Mac would be more trouble unless it was something on Apple's part (i.e. costly tools for proprietary API, less support in the OS, etc). Maybe I've just been lucky in my attempts with Linux gamepad games?
Unseelie_Sluagh: I don't see a separate update patch either. Do I just download the full installer again and the patch is included there? If I do this, will it overwrite my currently saved game?
Waltorious: Looks like we just download the installer again... the one I had before is version 2.1.0.5, new one is 2.2.0 and is ~40 MB larger. I don't know about your saved game though. If you know where the save file is located you can back it up just in case. Make sure you keep the old installer too in case you want to roll back the patch (in case your save doesn't work with the new version).
Anyone know where I can find my save file so I can do this? I tried looking in the Valdis Story folder but couldn't find it.
nate1222: The irony is: Unepic, Guacamellee, Hammerwatch, Cave Story +, Megabyte Punch, and several other 2D platformers DO support gamepads on Mac. So a gamepad intensive game, like Valdis Story, not supporting gamepad is unacceptable.
Hammerwatch, Anodyne, Megabyte Punch, Another World (20th AE), Ittle Dew, Teslagrad work perfectly well.
Valdis Story, Unepic, RCR DX, VVVVVV don't recognize my controller.
Don't own Guacamellee and Cave Story.

Sometimes gamepad support is awesome, sometimes it's uneven, (Unepic works for some, but not for me). All in all Mac and Linux gaming have a long way to go. Hopefully our messages don't go unnoticed and developers will see that there is value in supporting these platforms in future.
Post edited May 10, 2015 by l3l3l5l
Unseelie_Sluagh: Anyone know where I can find my save file so I can do this? I tried looking in the Valdis Story folder but couldn't find it.
I assume it's the vvvo.dat file at "%localappdata%\Valdis_Story_AC\" on Windows, no idea where it would be on Linux/Mac, though I assume that those OSes have something similar to Windows' App Data folder.

99% of games released these days don't store their saves in the game's install folder any more. It's a bad practice for a variety of reasons. Most will use a location in your User folder somewhere, typically your Documents folder (kind devs will use "Documents\My Games" or "Documents\Saved Games\" so they don't clutter your Documents folder, but sadly most don't) or your App Data folder (typically %appdata% instead of %localappdata%, so this one's a bit weird in that sense).
Post edited May 10, 2015 by Nesoo
i bought the game yesterday, i have version 1.0.0.23.
the game launch fine the 1st time.
then once i quit it, i can not restart it never again.

i have crashlog if anyone's interested
v1.0.0.24 with bugfixes has been released, changelog follows:

Product Update v1.0.0.24
9 de mayo - EF Admin
This is a small patch to fix some of the issues introduced in .23. There will be ongoing updates in the coming weeks to hunt down all the bugs. We will announce when the next estimated time for an update will be. This update contains the following...

Hotfix- for Gilda's servant crash.
Hotfix- for lower skyway and angel key room bugs.

v1.0.0.24
Fixed

sign of no return (you can pass it safely... I hope)
plan B finisher
mausoleum trap as Vladyn
sewer trap as Gilda
Crash with save in the 16th slot
Crusader amulet mana steal protection
Gilda unable to climb with 'UP' key (still in progress post if still an issue)
various crashes involving player minions
Vladyn shot skills that trigger on hit.
glitch with void version of Vladyn's Focus Finisher.
Silence now properly affects Gernot

Changed

various adjustments to address slowdown/crashes on room transitions (ongoing)
increased damage on switchblade
reduced attack speed of Chakram
[Hard Shells] to increase shot crit damage by 1.5% per Agi.

Note* Reaper Relic is currently mislabeled. It does not have -40% magic.

There are other various small issues that were fixed/changed with help from your feedback on the forums. While we don't get to answer all post we do try to read all of them, so thank you all for the feedback.
Post edited May 10, 2015 by Lobuno
Lobuno:
Is the GOG version up to date?
Lobuno:
ShadowWulfe: Is the GOG version up to date?
Yes, GOG and Steam are both at version 1.0.0.25.
ShadowWulfe: Is the GOG version up to date?
SCPM: Yes, GOG and Steam are both at version 1.0.0.25.
Nice, thanks!