It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not sure why, it freezes as I was playing with bots. It is a hard freeze and I have to restart my computer manually:

Intel Core i5 4570
Geforce GTX 970
8GB RAM
You didn't specify your version of Windows, so I'll just suggest / ask a few things that come to mind.

This usually happens due to overheating or a faulty cpu or video card.

Did you overclock your system?

Does lowering the resolution and detail levels affect it at all?

If that's not the issue, there may be another program running that's causing a conflict.

You can also try running UT2004 in safe-mode. Create a shortcut and add -safe as a command line parameter.

As a last resort, reinstalling the game might work.
hudfreegamer: You didn't specify your version of Windows, so I'll just suggest / ask a few things that come to mind.

This usually happens due to overheating or a faulty cpu or video card.

Did you overclock your system?

Does lowering the resolution and detail levels affect it at all?

If that's not the issue, there may be another program running that's causing a conflict.

You can also try running UT2004 in safe-mode. Create a shortcut and add -safe as a command line parameter.

As a last resort, reinstalling the game might work.
Hi,

It was indeed due to bad overclock, as I got a new GTX 970 today and trying to find the maximum overclock. I tuned down the voltage and now it works fine. Anyway to lock the framerate to 60fps?
The_Icon: It was indeed due to bad overclock, as I got a new GTX 970 today and trying to find the maximum overclock. I tuned down the voltage and now it works fine. Anyway to lock the framerate to 60fps?
Go to your Unreal2004/System folder, and look in the ut2004.ini and the defalut.ini files. There are fps settings there. Defalut is 60

DesiredRefreshRate=60

there are three lines with that setting in each ini

also there is this setting

MinDesiredFrameRate=35.000000

To make sure the minimum frame rate is 60, you'd want to change that option.
Post edited December 07, 2014 by hudfreegamer
I found the minimum refresh rate and changed it to 60, also the refresh rate is 60 as with my display. Anyway to set the
maximum frames to 60?
The_Icon: I found the minimum refresh rate and changed it to 60, also the refresh rate is 60 as with my display. Anyway to set the
maximum frames to 60?
Enable Vsync. That will limit the frame rate to what you monitor can do to avoid screen tearing.