It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While looking for UT2004 stuff, I learned that this game supports EAX positional audio. While it works on the 32-bit version of the game (it sounds AMAZING btw), I can't seem to be able to make it work it on the 64-bit one (the only audio option availible is OpenAL). I tried This fix on PCGaming wiki but hadn't any luck.
Is it possible to enable EAX on the 64-bit version of Unreal Tournament 2004?
Post edited March 25, 2021 by LUISDooM
This question / problem has been solved by dr.schliemannimage
LUISDooM: Is it possible to enable EAX on the 64-bit version of Unreal Tournament 2004?
Apparently it is not. Quoted from PCGamingWiki:
On the 64-bit build of this game, hardware audio support appears to have been stripped out entirely, namely the "H/W 3D Audio" and "H/W 3D Audio + EAX" options. Forcing them via .ini ("Use3DSound=True", "UseEAX=True") has no effect either, leaving the 64-bit version with far inferior sound quality and 3D positioning.

Moreover, the 64-bit version defaults to a D3D9 renderer, which is exclusive to this version, but has been left in an experimental state by Epic and is functionally incomplete. Graphical issues include the Double Damage pickup shader, missing shadow volumes (e.g. DM-Morpheus3, DM-Gael), missing water puddles and possibly more. However, the D3D9 renderer does appear to perform faster on modern hardware compared to D3D8.
As a D3D8 to D3D9 wrapper is available now, it is recommended to use this in place of the stock D3D9 renderer.
LUISDooM: Is it possible to enable EAX on the 64-bit version of Unreal Tournament 2004?
dr.schliemann: Apparently it is not. Quoted from PCGamingWiki:

On the 64-bit build of this game, hardware audio support appears to have been stripped out entirely, namely the "H/W 3D Audio" and "H/W 3D Audio + EAX" options. Forcing them via .ini ("Use3DSound=True", "UseEAX=True") has no effect either, leaving the 64-bit version with far inferior sound quality and 3D positioning.

Moreover, the 64-bit version defaults to a D3D9 renderer, which is exclusive to this version, but has been left in an experimental state by Epic and is functionally incomplete. Graphical issues include the Double Damage pickup shader, missing shadow volumes (e.g. DM-Morpheus3, DM-Gael), missing water puddles and possibly more. However, the D3D9 renderer does appear to perform faster on modern hardware compared to D3D8.
As a D3D8 to D3D9 wrapper is available now, it is recommended to use this in place of the stock D3D9 renderer.
dr.schliemann:
Oh I see, I didn't read that part. That's a pity, since the 64 bit version runs better with d3d9 compared with 32 bit with opengl (has missing effects and gets on windowed mode after alt tabbing or even changing maps). I think I'll try the d3d8 wrapper to see iif it runs better.
Thanks for the reply :D
Post edited March 26, 2021 by LUISDooM
LUISDooM: Thanks for the reply :D
You're welcome.