How do I generate a new character in ultima 6 (second trilogy version)? It goes thru the process with gypsy then says a game is in progress and I need to run install. From Where do I do that? Do I have to reload whole trilogy from GoG?
Or rom ultima trilogy dos box? How do I do that?
How to run the "install" program with GOG's Ultima VI release.
This assumes a Windows 7/8 OS, if not I can't help you.
1. Right click
on the "Ultima VI" shortcut.
2. Click on "Open file location".
3. Double click on "dosbox.exe".
4. Type "mount c .." (without the quotes) and hit Enter
5. Type "c:" (without the quotes) and hit Enter
6. Type "cd ultima6" (without the quotes) and hit Enter
7. Type "install" (without the quotes) and hit Enter
8. Hit the "h" key to "install" the game to the hard disk.
9. Hit the "c" key to "install" the game to the C: drive.
10. Hit the "5" key to choose VGA graphics.
11. Hit the "y" key to indicate that you do
have a Microsoft-compatible mouse.
12. Hit the "1" key to choose AdLib sound.
13. Hit the "d" key to choose the default I/O port of 388.
14. Hit the "y" key to indicate that you've chosen the correct settings.
15. Hit the "1" key to reset the game to start a new character.
16. Close the DOSBox window by typing "exit" (without the quotes) and hitting Enter
or clicking on the "X" in the upper right hand corner.
17. Double click your Ultima VI shortcut to start the game and create a new character.
Once you've run the "install" program. You may wish to simply copy the ultima6 folder to a safe location so you can just delete and restore to create new characters in the future.