It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone managed to get this running under Windows 8 / 8.1? If s, how?

Thanks
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I've heard that DOSBox can be finicky on Windows 8/8.1, but from my experience with DOSBox on Windows 8.1, it works as it did on Windows 7. I'm not sure if it'll work, but you could try running DOSBox in compatibility mode.
Another simple option, although it is Tyrian and not Tyrian 2000, is to use OpenTyrian. It's a source port which keeps the original gameplay while replacing a lot of the underlying code with SDL.
I have to agree with AmethystViper DosBox should run the game quite well.
I just tested it on my win 8.1 and it worked great. What error/problem are you getting?
I can't run it either, I have windows 8.1 pro x64 and when the game starts, it just switches to weird low resolution and I get white screen and computer freezes all I can do is shut down dosbox from task manager...

Nah scratch that I managed to run it under opengl, it ran quite smoothly, it's a wonderful nostalgia trip :)
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Mato87