It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't get it to work :(

I tried adding the Joystick section. If I put "false" it doesn't work, if I put "true" it goes completely crazy. I have an Xbox 360 gamepad which I was planning on "premiering" with this game x_x Anyone has any ideas? I have Windows 7 64bits too.
Post edited August 02, 2014 by jonridan
jonridan: I can't get it to work :(

I tried adding the Joystick section. If I put "false" it doesn't work, if I put "true" it goes completely crazy. I have an Xbox 360 gamepad which I was planning on "premiering" with this game x_x Anyone has any ideas? I have Windows 7 64bits too.
Try changing timed to "false" under [joystick].
For those wishing to use joysticks or gamepads, OpenTyrian might be of interest to you. A disclaimer, its Tyrian and not Tyrian 2000 but it's been rewritten with SDL support and "natively" runs on Windows and not in DOSBox.
Same problem, only I'm using a Saturn arcade stick via USB adapter. :)

Glad to see it's not a problem with my stick but with DOSBox. I'll have to look into these solutions.
grviper: Open DOSBox config, find joystick section, find entry that reads "timed=" If it's "true", change to false, if it's false change to true. I don't remember the default value, just make it different. Start the game with the stick plugged it and see if there's any change.

The joystick+dosbox issue is that by default calibration is set up to work at a particular CPU rate. When cycles are on auto or max, cycles can change as the load changes: calibaration screen, menus, in-game, intro - all get different speed and different stick input. When you flick the "timed" setting, the stick becomes stable.
dasiggo: Thanks for the clue, worked for me. I didn't had a joystick section, so I created one in dosboxT2K.conf :

[joystick]
timed=false
joysticktype=auto

then I could perfectly play with my xbox controller.

Also thanks to RiffRaff1138.
I didn't have a [joystick] section either, tried making one on the same line using the format used by the rest of the file (no spaces), didn't work. Skipped down a line and pasted it in using that format (each bit on it's own line), worked perfectly. Just posting to confirm in case anyone else has trouble.

Also, glad I was able to find the solution here, just beat episode 1 (using a wired xbox360 controller :D) and am loving the game so far. Thanks a ton.
Didn't had a joystick section either in the dosboxT2K.conf so I created one like this:

[joystick]
timed=false
joysticktype=auto

Now it works as intended on my Direct Input controllers. That's one good shmup. Thanks for the help it's greatly appreciated!
Artless7: [joystick]
timed=false
joysticktype=auto

Now it works as intended on my Direct Input controllers.
This does work for me!!! And with my X360 controller too!!! Oh, the sheer joy!!!
THANKS BRO!

This fixed it perfectly! :D

I played this game when i was seven years old, everyday before school. :D :D EPIC!
Thanks for all the help guys, it seem to work. Except one minor thing. How do I fire both sidekicks at all time without constantly pushing the button on my xbox360 controller?