It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So whenever I try to launch this game, a message pops up saying "DOSBox has encountered a problem and needs to close." My computer's specs read as follows:
Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.
Okay, I've gotten the game to launch, but NOW the ship automatically moves right and there's no music!

Anyone got any ideas?
Rileshumanoid308: Okay, I've gotten the game to launch, but NOW the ship automatically moves right and there's no music!

Anyone got any ideas?
You have a controller plugged in that's screwing up the controls. As for music, I'm not sure.

Edit: Actually, you might have muted the MIDI device on your computer. Check out the Windows playback volume control and see if MIDI is muted.
Post edited May 08, 2011 by Vagabond
Nevermind, I just messed around in the options a bit, and now it's fully playable.

Thanks anyway!
I have the same problem, no matter what graphics option I choose I get the (DOSBox has encountered a problem...), I've turn off Catalyst A.I which seems to have made Blood more stable but not Tyrian. How did you overcome this problem Rileshumanoid308?

Thanks
Kongar1985: I have the same problem, no matter what graphics option I choose I get the (DOSBox has encountered a problem...), I've turn off Catalyst A.I which seems to have made Blood more stable but not Tyrian. How did you overcome this problem Rileshumanoid308?

Thanks
I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think I switched the sound to SoundBlaster and the video to either OpenGL or Direct3D.
Kongar1985: I have the same problem, no matter what graphics option I choose I get the (DOSBox has encountered a problem...), I've turn off Catalyst A.I which seems to have made Blood more stable but not Tyrian. How did you overcome this problem Rileshumanoid308?

Thanks
Rileshumanoid308: I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think I switched the sound to SoundBlaster and the video to either OpenGL or Direct3D.
Having the same problem here - any solutions to this?
So I just tried to play this, and I get an immediate CTD as soon as it gets to the main menu. I have tried all available graphics options and disabled sound (though sound and video work just fine in the sound setup utility).

No error message, it just closes immediately, before I can even select a menu option.

On a Windows 7 64-bit system.

I haven't had any trouble with running other old games through dosbox, like MoO, so I have no idea what's going on.

ETA: NVM, it was as an above user suggested, I had a controller plugged in. I thought it hadn't been plugged in for about a week, but ha-derp I was wrong.
Post edited April 15, 2012 by Prophaniti