It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
What can I say? Pure Awesomeness!
Damn right, +1 for truth
Yep. This was an awesome surprise.

I love me some shmup action.
Yes indeed. Thanks GOG, I think this is the first freebie I've actually enjoyed. Growing up in South Africa games consoles and indeed decent gaming machines were not ubiquitous by any stretch of the imagination. This one takes me back to my youthful days of feeding 20 cent coins into arcade machines. Loving it.
I'm sad I never knew of this game growing up. Sure, the SNES had some great games, but I'm glad to have found this lil' DOS gem.

My pixel fetish thanks you GOG. :)
damn right. pretty fun too
I was really surprised by this one, I didn't even bother downloading it for ages but now I play it more than the games I've paid for. Freakin awesome.
I've had the game a long time before I even made an account here on GOG.

Boy was I surprised to see you have the soundtrack on here for free. I love the music. :D

Thanks GOG. :)

Agree it's a great game!
Are there any other modern games like this? From the top of my head I can only mention Sine Mora on XBLA, but that is a sidescroller, and not on PC. :(
Post edited May 03, 2012 by SzFeri82
I used to have a demo of this game on my parents' Windows 95 and I would play it all the time as a kid. For a long time I could never get past the first boss until I discovered the usefulness of the Plasma Storm attack. After that I must have finished the demo a hundred times, by myself, with friends, pretty much went through every secret level and the arcade mode a bunch of times too. Then we got rid of that computer and I didn't see the game again until I found the full version as abandonware sometime back in 2004-2005. For a while I played it religiously again. I still come back a few times a year and do a couple playthroughs on various difficulties. It was great to see that it's now on GOG.com where a whole bunch of people who never knew about this game will now be able to enjoy it. Long live Tyrian!
SzFeri82: Are there any other modern games like this? From the top of my head I can only mention Sine Mora on XBLA, but that is a sidescroller, and not on PC. :(
Radiant Silvergun, also on XBLA :)
Setting up BASSMIDI and using the Gravis Ultrasound Classic Patchset 1.6 soundfont makes some of the music in Tyrian 2000 orgasmically good.
yes the music is memorablemate, but please refrain from bumping multiple old threads simultaneously in under an hour, thank u for ur consideration in this matter!
Attachments:
Post edited July 17, 2014 by lemming07
Love this game
I wish there where more scrolling shooters on dos other than Tyrian and Raptor call of shadows