It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

go_chan: I'm running El Capitan on a 2015 MBP 15" retina.
Do I have to have wineskin?
See here.
In El Capitan, I kept getting the X11 server error no matter what I did.

I finally got TA working. Here's how:
- Launch the game while holding the alt/option key (this should bring up a wineskin window)
- Click "Set Screen Options"
- In the "Other Options" section (lower right), there's an option: "Use Mac Driver instead of X11". (image attached) Make sure it's selected.
- Click done
- Quit the wineskin window.
- Launch the game normally.

Hope this helps anyone who was in the same situation as me.
Attachments:
Post edited October 31, 2015 by go_chan
go_chan: Hope this helps anyone who was in the same situation as me.
Nope, it does not work for me under 10.11.1.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by mactrix
I got it to work through a different approach than go_chan.

I also opened Wineskin like go_chan described.

I then updated the wrapper version to 2.6.2 - this one is confirmed to work under OS X 10.11. You need to have Wineskin Winery installed in order to get the latest wrapper version: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com

I then changed the engine to WS9Wine1.7.52 - you also need to get the latest engines via Wineskin Winery before you can select them. Please note that when doing this you can not return to the custom GOG engine.

The game now works for me quite ok. Some save games don't work anymore but I can create new games and play without problem.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by mactrix
JudasIscariot: HI all,

We have uploaded a new Mac version of TA: Commander Pack that is compatible with newer version of Mac OS X 10.9. Please visit your game shelf to download the new installer.

Thanks and have a nice day! :)
How do I get there? I can't find it.
mactrix: I got it to work through a different approach than go_chan.

I also opened Wineskin like go_chan described.

I then updated the wrapper version to 2.6.2 - this one is confirmed to work under OS X 10.11. You need to have Wineskin Winery installed in order to get the latest wrapper version: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com

I then changed the engine to WS9Wine1.7.52 - you also need to get the latest engines via Wineskin Winery before you can select them. Please note that when doing this you can not return to the custom GOG engine.

The game now works for me quite ok. Some save games don't work anymore but I can create new games and play without problem.
This was working for me as well. Please note that I first tried it with WS9Wine1.8 but that was not working - It always gave me an error that it couldn't find installed FreeType fonts. Afterwards I installed both WS9Wine1.7.52 and WS9Wine1.8 using Wineskin Winery and that I was able to run the game with both engines - with 1.7.52 and with 1.8
Total Annihilation on OSX 10.11

How exactly do I make it run? going in circles now on what i find in the internet. Wineskin, terminal commands, haven't found anything that works yet.

Any help welcome...
kinglouiexx: Total Annihilation on OSX 10.11

How exactly do I make it run? going in circles now on what i find in the internet. Wineskin, terminal commands, haven't found anything that works yet.

Any help welcome...
First do as is mentioned here.
Then click "Change Engine Used".
It worked for me.
This works! 10.11.2 OS X el capitan!