It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

Ive now decided to see how the linux version is, still, not sure at all as to how to handle the .sh file that gog provided (guess that linking a tutorial would have been to easy).

Any insight would be appreciated.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Open a console in the directory the installer is, add execution permission to it with 'chmod +x gog_torment_tides_of_numenera_2.0.0.1.sh' then run it with './gog_torment_tides_of_numenera_2.0.0.1.sh'

You can find these instructions by running 'head -n13 gog_torment_tides_of_numenera_2.0.0.1.sh'
It's not actually necessary to even run the installer at all. The installer packages that GOG uses for Linux are actually self-extracting Zip archives, and you can just run "unzip" on the command line to extract them manually, then just move and rename the "game" directory, and launch the game executable directly.
asterus0: (…)
I find extraction goes even more smoothly with bsdtar ;-)
(extraction with unzip end in a failure state for all MojoSetup installers, even if the extraction actually went fine)
Post edited March 02, 2017 by vv221
vv221: I find extraction goes even more smoothly with bsdtar ;-)
(extraction with unzip end in a failure state for all MojoSetup installers, even if the extraction actually went fine)
Yes, that's a good point -- unzip will usually return an error due to the executable stub that the zip data is appended to, so bsdtar is a better option for scripts.
Post edited March 07, 2017 by asterus0
asterus0: (…)
Compatibility with unzip is still good to know, are there are a few GOG Linux installers that you can’t extract with bsdtar (but can be extracted with unzip).
Without having to use the command line: right click on the downloaded .sh installer file, select "Properties from the context menu, Click on "Permissions" tab of the Properties window, in the "Execute:" listing click in the "Allow executing file as program" box to put a check mark in the box, click on "Close" in the lower right of the Properties window, double click on the .sh installer file, if a "Do you want to run '[file name].sh", or display its contents' dialog window appears click on "Run", follow the instructions in the installer window changing any of the default settings if desired.
Post edited March 07, 2017 by ValamirCleaver
With four different (all working) methods to use the installer, I hope eden.sb is playing the game now ;-)

EDIT: Five methods now, thank you clarry!
Post edited March 08, 2017 by vv221
To add to this, you don't really need to dumble around with chmod. You can just say

sh gog_torment_tides_of_numenera_2.0.0.1.sh
eden.sb: Hello,

Ive now decided to see how the linux version is, still, not sure at all as to how to handle the .sh file that gog provided (guess that linking a tutorial would have been to easy).

Any insight would be appreciated.
I tried all the advices mentioned here but none of them worked so I guess you do need some programming skills with Linux to install out of the ordinary (outside of the sotfware center or the synaptic packet manager) stuffs.

Sometimes I have an Execute option while right clicking on .sh. If it's there it should work right of the bat without any need to input commands in the terminal. Happy gaming
Post edited March 14, 2018 by Artless7