It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What is the best way to run Torchlight faster on Netbook, and which setting or mod can be used for this purpose?
talbain: What is the best way to run Torchlight faster on Netbook, and which setting or mod can be used for this purpose?
If nothing changed from the steam version on that side, there is a nice netbook check box in the option. That basically it for netbook option if I am not mistaken, for that checkbox overwrite the rest of the setting, whatever you put in them.

Has what you can actually play it at without checking that box, I got no idea, I must admit, for never installed it on a computer that didn't max the graphic, since torchlight was made to have very low requirement anyway.
talbain: What is the best way to run Torchlight faster on Netbook, and which setting or mod can be used for this purpose?
I tested this years ago, on my Asus 1001PX. And while Runic has claimed that Torchlight would "run" on a Netbook, and even included a "Netbook mode" in the settings for the game, they have since admitted that their claim was exactly that it would run on a Netbook - not that it would run very well, or that it would be playable.

And Torchlight lives up to that claim. It will run on a netbook. It will, however, not run very well, and certainly won't be playable - no matter what you do to it.

I've tried every combination of settings available, as well as a few mods, and there's nothing you can do to make it run with an acceptable framerate on a typical netbook like the Asus 1001PX.

Of course, there are much more powerful netbooks out there, that are really testing the limits of what a netbook is all about - moving closer to what you'd usually call a notebook or even a normal laptop. I'm sure you could find one among them that would run Torchlight at a reasonable framerate.
I did some traveling recently so I decided to put Torchlight on my netbook (asus 1011px - dual core 1.66Ghz atom, GMA 3150)

I turned all the settings to low, turned netbook mode on, set the resolution to 640x480, set the graphics card for 0 power saving for better performance in the GPU driver settings (only lost ~30 mins of battery power anyway)

What I got was semi-playable.
What I mean by that is that it depends on the person - I got ~20 fps in small, less crowded areas and ~15 fps when I got into fights. Personally I found that enough for a game like this, but as I mentioned, it's personal preference.
There's a Low Resolution Texture Mod available here (http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=709), which could improve your performance. Haven't tried it though.
iniudan: If nothing changed from the steam version on that side, there is a nice netbook check box in the option. That basically it for netbook option if I am not mistaken, for that checkbox overwrite the rest of the setting, whatever you put in them.

Has what you can actually play it at without checking that box, I got no idea, I must admit, for never installed it on a computer that didn't max the graphic, since torchlight was made to have very low requirement anyway.
My laptop runs Torchlight (GOG version) on max settings. But I've experimented with the "netbook" setting out of curiosity. Not flashy, but not bad either. Graphics in netbbok setting are on par with Playstation 2 era console games.