It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

and we have a new version of NewDark.
TFix 1.22 is up.
TafferPatcher 2.0.15 now includes NewDark 1.23 as well.
Post edited June 20, 2015 by voodoo47
Could someone please list the latest recommended mods for Thief 1, I have read some of the Thief posts here and on the TTLG forum but as it's been running for years there are so many different fixes and updates it's a bit confusing for a newb to workout which mods are required and where to d/load them, many thanks.
the link is in the first post, but here you go http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733
Post edited August 01, 2015 by voodoo47
voodoo47: the link is in the first post, but here you go http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733
Thanks very much, I looked at the first page but as it's dated 2011 I was unsure if the patch was the latest, I guess you must just keep updating the first page if a new version is released?
DarkEmoElf: Thanks very much, I looked at the first page but as it's dated 2011 I was unsure if the patch was the latest, I guess you must just keep updating the first page if a new version is released?
Last edited by voodoo47; 25th Jul 2015 at 15:36. Reason: new version 1.22
When will Thief Gold be released with NewDark 1.22/1.23? Tried all methods trying to start up the TFix 1.22 installer but it always gives me "Error! Can't initialize plug-ins directory. Please try again later." (Win8.1)

I'd only need it is for the subtitles, which require 1.22: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144354
googling the error suggests you have a permission problem. nothing I can help you with.

try moving the installer to some location where you have full access.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by voodoo47
voodoo47: googling the error suggests you have a permission problem. nothing I can help you with.
Guessed so as well, but I already had tried to run it as administrator. Had the the same problem with Thief 3's Sneaky Patch.
voodoo47: try moving the installer to some location where you have full access.
Tried desktop, Thief folder & few other places but no luck... Is there a .zip file or similar which could be extracted straight into the folder, instead of an installer? Only found NewDark versions for Thief 2 & System Shock 2
the T2 version will work, try to extract it into your TG folder. you will have to rename the exe, and omit cam_ext.cfg and cam_mod.ini (meaning, keep the old ones). hopefully that will be enough to get you running.

you can also try to patch up on some other computer, then simply copy the game onto yours - a TFixed install is portable.
Post edited October 11, 2015 by voodoo47
voodoo47: you can also try to patch up on some other computer, than simply copy the game onto yours - a TFixed install is portable.
Didn't even think my old notebook would be of any use anymore, it works perfectly... Thanks much! :D
Can someone provide me a working link to the original tfix m d?
//old link removed
Post edited March 24, 2016 by voodoo47
NewDark 1.24 has been released, and TFix has been updated accordingly. small/light GOG/steam patches will follow shortly.