It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

voodoo47: do you feel lucky, taffers? seems like our mystery friend has just released a new version of NewDark, and guess what, it addresses the multimonitor issues (among other things):

1.21 Notes
----------
This is a hotfix for v1.20 to fix broken multi-monitor support (which was made worse by the multi-
GPU and display fix in v1.20) and a pair of minor glitches. Otherwise this is identical to v1.20.
voodoo47: TFix 1.15 should be out in a couple of days (only core file updates, no relights, those are due for 1.16 now). for all those who cannot wait, extract contrib.zip and thief2.exe (rename to thief.exe if you want) to your TG/T1 folder (after patching up with TFix 1.14).

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140086&p=2173948&viewfull=1#post2173948
Is Tafferpatcher for Thief 2 going to be updated to include the new version of NewDark?
it already is. and has been for a while, for that matter.
voodoo47: it already is. and has been for a while, for that matter.
Oh, I must've overlooked it. Thank you!
can i install this over a fresh GoG copy of Thief gold ?
yes, that's kind of the point.
So this is only for thief 1? Not Thief 2? Does thief 2 have any sort of thing similar to this?
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131106
Hey Voodoo,
Are you gonna incorporate EP 2.0 into TGfix?
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141621&p=2189796#post2189796
Cheers.
probably, but it has to get out of alpha first.

//edit: on second thought, considering the size, probably not (TFix is fat enough as it is). will make the edits to the config file though, so EP 2.0 will be loaded automatically when the user drops it into the root folder (or even better, the mods folder, to keep things neat).
Post edited May 26, 2013 by voodoo47
A fan just released a minimalist installer that is designed for digital versions (GOG, Steam ect) called TGTool (GOG won't let me post any links so just google Thief gold new dark and click the first link) maybe you can add this to the sticky for people looking to change very little from Thief Gold.
while being able to clean up ddfix end enable/disable fixes is nice, it lacks the most important thing - the dml fixes. without them, there will be some pretty serious issues in some levels (they should not prevent you from completing the game, but they are still quite unpleasant).

I have already submitted a basic NewDark Thief Gold patch to GOG (I did the same thing for the GOG release of SS2), it should be available soon, so I don't think this installer is necessary (for the GOG version, anyway).

//also, 1.16 is up, the Mage Towers dml fix is included, plus some more small tweaks, also added a USERMODS folder - if you have any texture packs you want to add on top of everything from TFix, that's the place. 1.16 should be the last cleanup release before the big overhaul.
Post edited June 18, 2013 by voodoo47
I'm currently playing Thief Gold (GOG version), I'm on 8th mission and I'm using TGFix 1.13. Can I throw in 1.16 or will there be issues?
voodoo47: while being able to clean up ddfix end enable/disable fixes is nice, it lacks the most important thing - the dml fixes. without them, there will be some pretty serious issues in some levels (they should not prevent you from completing the game, but they are still quite unpleasant).

I have already submitted a basic NewDark Thief Gold patch to GOG (I did the same thing for the GOG release of SS2), it should be available soon, so I don't think this installer is necessary (for the GOG version, anyway).

//also, 1.16 is up, the Mage Towers dml fix is included, plus some more small tweaks, also added a USERMODS folder - if you have any texture packs you want to add on top of everything from TFix, that's the place. 1.16 should be the last cleanup release before the big overhaul.
Are you planning to do the same thing for Thief 2?
Hi,

I just bought Thief Gold from GoG and installed it (and it works), but I can't install the fixer. I installed the game in "D:\Games\Thief\", but when I run the installer and change the destination folder to this, I get this error message:
"A valid Thief installation was not found in the selected directory.
Please choose a directory on your hard drive where Thief The Dark Projekt or Thief Gold has been installed."

This is not a protected windows folder, I'm running WinXp, I have tried other directories as well and I have even reinstalled the entire game. Still the same error. Any idea why that might be? Thanks.
ZuFFuLuZ: Hi,

I just bought Thief Gold from GoG and installed it (and it works), but I can't install the fixer. I installed the game in "D:\Games\Thief\", but when I run the installer and change the destination folder to this, I get this error message:
"A valid Thief installation was not found in the selected directory.
Please choose a directory on your hard drive where Thief The Dark Projekt or Thief Gold has been installed."

This is not a protected windows folder, I'm running WinXp, I have tried other directories as well and I have even reinstalled the entire game. Still the same error. Any idea why that might be? Thanks.
I saw that Thief Gold had been updated, so I downloaded it. To my great delight, found that the cinematics FINALLY work in game. However, when trying to install the fix, I got exactly the same problem. My folder was C:\Games\Thief GOLD and it still couldn't find it. I assumed, correctly, that I couldn't be the only one with this problem. Anybody have any ideas?