It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've experienced this before. Some how things got screwed up in the BIOS and prevented Witcher 3 from starting. Went into BIOS reset everything, changed the RAM back to the normal speed, and etc. Working great ever since.

Could be in the minority, but worth mentioning. (stock speed I mean).
Post edited September 10, 2017 by MajesticMoose75
I have same problem ... Just go to BIOS and reset all to default :)
Ive had this problem since June, havent been able to find a solution :(
diamonex125: Ive had this problem since June, havent been able to find a solution :(
I had it too... Just go to bios and click on reset all to deafult ... Go to google ad your type of BIOS and watch info how to reset it :) ... It works everytime I had problem with it ...
diamonex125: Ive had this problem since June, havent been able to find a solution :(
janzathor: I had it too... Just go to bios and click on reset all to deafult ... Go to google ad your type of BIOS and watch info how to reset it :) ... It works everytime I had problem with it ...
HI GUYS, I'VE JUST FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM AND HOPE THAT IT HELPS YOU

So i have a 120hz monitor and was using the dvi dual link cable, but the dvi port died so i switch to hdmi, but i wanted the 120hz and the hdmi was operating at 60hz, so i created a custom resolution in the nvidia panel with a 1080p output at 110hz because thats all the hdmi could do, everything was fine until i updated the nvidia drivers, the witcher 3 stoped working, it would not load, just a black screen for a couple of seconds and then nothing.

THE SOLUTION: just go back to native 60hz or delete the custom resolution and create it again.

i think i'll have to do this every time i update the drivers, i hope this helps you guys ...
I've changed power supply and case and now I can't start w3. Do I need some confirmation code to run it?

Other games run great!
Post edited October 17, 2017 by NovumZ
NovumZ: I've changed power supply and case and now I can't start w3. Do I need some confirmation code to run it?
Absolutely not. It's completely DRM free.
NovumZ: I've changed power supply and case and now I can't start w3. Do I need some confirmation code to run it?
Hickory: Absolutely not. It's completely DRM free.
Easy Hickory.

I'm asking because my rig is an offline one.
I just want to play my Witcher3. Can't wait forever for linux copy you know.
Hickory: Absolutely not. It's completely DRM free.
NovumZ: Easy Hickory.

What's "Easy Hickory" mean?

Also, what's an offline rig got to do with it? You don't need to be online. You don't need a code. The game doesn't come with an installation/registration code. It's why I said, "Absolutely not".
NovumZ: Easy Hickory.

Hickory: What's "Easy Hickory" mean?

Also, what's an offline rig got to do with it? You don't need to be online. You don't need a code. The game doesn't come with an installation/registration code. It's why I said, "Absolutely not".
Is windows drm free too?
Hickory: What's "Easy Hickory" mean?

NovumZ: Is windows drm free too?
What? Are you serious? Start making sense.
NovumZ: Is windows drm free too?
Hickory: What? Are you serious? Start making sense.
I was but not going there. <3

Enabled page file, works now.
Post edited October 18, 2017 by NovumZ
I have question. I have The Witcher 3 and two set's (Blood and Heart). I no have only 16 DLC set. I have option to download The Complete Version Game Of The Year. My question is: When i Install this version i lose my all seve's OR Install programme will update about only 16 dlc's?
NovumZ: Enabled page file, works now.
This is called asking for help while being evasive and failing to supply relevant information. *shakes head*
Velerad93: I have question. I have The Witcher 3 and two set's (Blood and Heart). I no have only 16 DLC set. I have option to download The Complete Version Game Of The Year. My question is: When i Install this version i lose my all seve's OR Install programme will update about only 16 dlc's?
You don't need to install the GOTY. There is absolutely no difference between the games. The only difference is the installers.
Post edited October 18, 2017 by Hickory
NovumZ: Enabled page file, works now.
Hickory: This is called asking for help while being evasive and failing to supply relevant information. *shakes head*
Velerad93: I have question. I have The Witcher 3 and two set's (Blood and Heart). I no have only 16 DLC set. I have option to download The Complete Version Game Of The Year. My question is: When i Install this version i lose my all seve's OR Install programme will update about only 16 dlc's?
Hickory: You don't need to install the GOTY. There is absolutely no difference between the games. The only difference is the installers.
Yes. But i no have 16DLC pack, Year version have this pack. I have the opportunity to install full version (all packs + 16DLC pack) But I do not know if I will lose my saves.