It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings again!

As I read all over the Internet, and as I fear too, AMD graphic card owners might be a bit disappointed when The Witcher 3 is released.

This is commonly the same for pretty much every game Day One, but how much will we, poor people who cannot afford an nVidia graphic card but an AMD (which may be chipper but on the paper as well equipped), will we suffer on the 19th May before a new driver shows up?

Thank you for your answers!
WickedLarkin: Greetings again!

As I read all over the Internet, and as I fear too, AMD graphic card owners might be a bit disappointed when The Witcher 3 is released.

This is commonly the same for pretty much every game Day One, but how much will we, poor people who cannot afford an nVidia graphic card but an AMD (which may be chipper but on the paper as well equipped), will we suffer on the 19th May before a new driver shows up?

Thank you for your answers!
should be ultra 1080p 30fps if recomm was right but for amd cards cant be sure
According to the recommended configuration proposed by CD Projekt and to the website Can You Run It?, I have indeed more than the required gear for the game.

But I also read that, since CD Projekt has a strong partnership with nVidia and that the game will run with an nVidia technology or program of some sort AMD users might suffer (only a bit I hope) some weaker performance.

But if you say that I might play on ultra with 30 fps I guess I'll just have to turn off anti-aliasing and other resource-eater options and it might run just fine.

Thank you for the reassuring answer ;)
Post edited May 16, 2015 by WickedLarkin
i expect the game to run fine on amd unsless you activate nvidia hairworks.

and no, it is not the same for every game day one, some "nvidia gameworks" (sponsored) titles tend to have issues with amd cards the time they are released.

sadly this includes the witcher 3.

if it doesn't run satisfactorily it was the first aswell as the last time i preordered any game from cd project and i'll return the game.
Post edited May 16, 2015 by deaden
So you think we might encounter the reverse situation we saw with Tomb Raider and the TressFX? That is, as long as you don't turn the Hairworks on the game will run smoothly between 30 and 60 fps on high or maybe some options in ultra?

In that case I think I will be content with the wolves not having their hair moving according to the wind... Anyway I guess they won't live long enough for me to take a closer look at their silky fur xD
Post edited May 16, 2015 by WickedLarkin
yeah, that's exactly what i'm expecting.

they are using a lot of nvidia technologies but afaik in the wticher 3 only hairworks needs cuda to run and the normal physics etc. will be calculated on the cpu no matter what gpu you have.
Let's hope for the best then!
Yes it will be fine, Radeon 290 will have no problem doing Ultra.
Well thank you too for the reassuring answer ;)

I guess, since it's AMD, I'll have to turn off anti aliasing or won't put it at the maximum, as well as some options, but your answers made me a bit more confident about my rig ^^