It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On a 980, and a hefty i7, but the drops are ridiculous. Sure, it doesn't go much below 45'ish, mainly when you're switching zones, or...the inns, holy crap the inns. I've tried reducing the AA on the hairworks but the performance gain from 8 AA to 4 AA isn't worth it.

Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
hellbeans: On a 980, and a hefty i7, but the drops are ridiculous. Sure, it doesn't go much below 45'ish, mainly when you're switching zones, or...the inns, holy crap the inns. I've tried reducing the AA on the hairworks but the performance gain from 8 AA to 4 AA isn't worth it.

yes titax x + 680 physx, i see stable framerate no drops
hellbeans: On a 980, and a hefty i7, but the drops are ridiculous. Sure, it doesn't go much below 45'ish, mainly when you're switching zones, or...the inns, holy crap the inns. I've tried reducing the AA on the hairworks but the performance gain from 8 AA to 4 AA isn't worth it.

I also have 980 GTX and i7 and I'm getting 60 FPS most of the time. In some scenes it will drop a bit, but practically never below 50 FPS.

But:
- I only use 1920x1080 Resolution
- I have set Shadow Quality to "Low", because I don't really see a big difference between shadow qualities. "Low" is good enough for me. I guess shadows are not that important to me.
- I have set Foilage Visibility Range to "High", because visually it looks almost as good as Ultra and setting it to Ultra takes a big performance hit
- I have disabled Sharpening, Chromatic Aberration and Vignetting, because I think that stuff is just crap

And for the record, I think I will disable Hairworks as well next time I play, because judging by a YouTube video I saw, I think that the default hair actually moves and looks better in the wind than the fine hairworks hair. And I think it's just not worth it putting that strain on my videocard for such a neglible feature.

How do you reduce AA on hairworks?
Game dir > bin > config > base > rendering.ini

It's HairWorksAALevel=(Whatever it's set to)