It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title.
Maverick89: Title.
Same (GOG Galaxy)

I hope they are working on a fix for this. Annoyingly, I had updates set to manual to avoid this kind of thing, but chose to screw things up by manually updating, so can't play right now :(

Fingers crossed

**Edit - just discovered abort button LOL - so can at least play again with 1.24 now**
Post edited August 30, 2016 by iscagog
I'm having the same problem. I thought my hard drive was full but that's not the case. Not sure how to fix it.

Also, the "play" button is now grayed out so I can't start the game. :(
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Slashco80
Same here, but you can use the launcher and it works.
Same problem here.

I uninstalled the game then tried to re-download it via Galaxy. The problem happened again.

Then I manually installed the game and all patches after downloading them from gog.com using my web browser. That fixed it. Even the play button in Galaxy is working again.

However before uninstalling try something that's much quicker...download and manually run the patch for version 1.30, and see if that alone fixes the issue. The 1.30 patch has a filename that is unlike the filename for the other patches. Assuming this abnormal filename is unintentional, the "disk access problem" that is the topic of this thread might simply be an inability of Galaxy to find this file. Someone else will have to try it.

If you do reinstall from scratch this is what I found:

* I started by uninstalling the game from Galaxy. Then I opened "Apps & Features" in the Windows OS control panel (the actual name of this control panel varies with OS version) and saw entries for both the game and the free DLC. I uninstalled both from the control panel. Then in explorer I navigated to the game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\. This still had a subfolder named "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt" that was consuming 10's of gigabytes. I.e., the thing still hadn't really been uninstalled. I deleted this folder.

* Next download and install the base game. You might still have the base game install files in C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\!Downloads\the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game\, saving you the need to re-download 27 gigabytes across 8 file parts. The first part is an executable (.exe) file. The remaining parts are .bin files. After downloading all 8 parts run the .exe to install the base game.

* You do not need to download and install the large patch 1.10 (4 parts). The base download is already version 1.10.

* Download parts 1 and 2 of patch 1.22. Part 1 is an executable (.exe) file. Part 2 is a .bin file. After downloading both parts run the .exe to apply the patch.

* Download and run patch 1.24. It is a single .exe file.

* Download and run patch 1.30. It is a single .exe file. This is the one that has an abnormal file name.

* After I ran patch 1.30 Galaxy automatically switched the game's status to "installed" and reactivated the Play button. (Note, I'm not sure if this happened after applying patch 1.30, or after one of the earlier steps.)

* After Galaxy detected the game was installed, it appears to have automatically reinstalled the "Free DLC content". I say this because in "Apps & Features" OS settings panel, an entry appeared that is titled, "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Free DLC program".

* I do not own either expansion (yet), so I cannot say if they also get automatically reinstalled. Fingers crossed that the price of the season pass reduces to something reasonable now that the Game of the Year edition is released and is comparatively inexpensive vs. the original game + season pass at their current price.
Post edited August 31, 2016 by crazyTarHeel
So is this even being addressed?
Garrison72: So is this even being addressed?
Yep!

http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4544

Workaround is posted here.
Post edited September 01, 2016 by itchanddino
Garrison72: So is this even being addressed?
itchanddino: Yep!

http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=4544

Workaround is posted here.
Thank you, that seems to have worked. I deleted the file, then when restarting Galaxy it said "game corrupted". Ran the repair option and everything is fine now.

There's still some minor bugs in the game itself, like for example certain skill descriptions say "this increases attack power by +$I$%" but those were there before so I dunno.
I solved the problem by uninstalling Galaxy and not using it all. Seriously, how long in beta and it's still not stable? Fuck it. I'm out baby!
Garrison72: I solved the problem by uninstalling Galaxy and not using it all. Seriously, how long in beta and it's still not stable? Fuck it. I'm out baby!
i can't believe how mcuh it is relatable in 2021