It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oksoy: Greetings travelers!

So you have purchased yourself one of the greatest and most anticipated RPGs nowadays.
You downloaded the game and found out the lovely developers of this lovely piece are giving you free DLCs.
Great! Now, to activating them.

There are two methods to doing this. Either use the Galaxy Client or download and install the DLCs manually.
Both methods will be explained bellow.

Method 1 - Download using the Galaxy Client:
1. First when you look at the game page you will see that there are DLCs on the left. The bottom one is the one you are looking for.
Go ahead and buy it, don't worry no payment is required (mine already says owned because I did this step).
2. Now to activate the DLCs press the 'more' tab next to the play button and go to configure.
After you have entered the configure section go ahead and mark your selected DLCs.
3. Enjoy your free content and don't forget to drop the developers a nice word.
Have fun and may your hunt be successful.

Method 2 - Download Manually:
1. First thing first you must go to this page and buy the free DLCs Program.
Go ahead and buy it, don't worry no payment is required.
2. After you have finished the purchase go to your account page.
3. Press the Witcher 3 icon or "folder" as I like to call it.
If you don't see the Witcher 3 "folder" you probably bought a retail copy. If that is you must first redeem the code found inside the retail box into your GOG.com account.
4. After the drop down menu opens select the DLCs you wish to download.
5. Save the .exe files and install them manually.
6. Enjoy your free content and don't forget to drop the developers a nice word.

Available DLCs:
Currently only 4 DLCs are available at the moment.
The remaining DLCs will be released as bundles as time passes. Current available free DLCs:
1. Temerian Armor Set
2. Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt
3. New Quest: Contract Missing Miners
4. Alternative Look for Yennefer

How to get the content from the DLCs in-game:
1. Temerian Armor Set: You can get the Temerian Armor from Bram, the guy you save from the griffin at the start. He will stand at the gate to the village after you go to the inn.
2. Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt: After installing the DLC you will have 6 different hairstyles and 6 different beards you can choose from at the barber shop (look for a scissors icon on the map).
3. New Quest: Contract Missing Miners: You can get the Quest at "Skellige".
4. Alternative Look for Yennefer: Automatically activates itself after installation, You can toggle it on and off in the options menu in-game.
How to Toggle the look On/Off: Options > Downloadable Content > Toggle the new look on/off.

Edits and Updates:
Edit 1: Updated the entire guide to be clearer and generally more user friendly, the following changes have been made:
- New pictures for the Galaxy Client Guide.
- Added Sections to the post.
- Added a manual installation guide.
- Added a list of available DLCs.
- Added a section for in-game content and where to find it.
- Added "Notes" Section.
- Removed old 'Edits' for clearer view of the post.

Notes:
- For other questions make sure to check out this FAQ thread by mmarci.
- Feel free to add me to your friends if you wish to chat or ask anything or simply talk about how amazing the game is.
- Thank you to all of you who help me maintain the guide and its relevancy, I appreciate each and every one of you.
If you see any mistake or have something for me to add just say so here or better yet send me a message (It will be clearer to see).

----------
Oksoy
thanks a lot for help!
Thanks for answers!
What should be listed under downloadable content? All I show is alternative look for Yennefer. What about Geralt? I'm confused.
2HappyTalkingCat
Same problem.
6 DLC installed but just Yennifer look listed.
Bug?
Or maybe other DLC don't work properly?
HappyTalkingCat: What should be listed under downloadable content? All I show is alternative look for Yennefer. What about Geralt? I'm confused.
LapoTb: 2HappyTalkingCat
Same problem.
6 DLC installed but just Yennifer look listed.
Bug?
Or maybe other DLC don't work properly?
Listed where? Ingame? You won't see the other stuff
Oksoy: Greetings travelers!

So you have purchased yourself one of the greatest and most anticipated RPGs nowadays.
You downloaded the game and found out the lovely developers of this lovely piece are giving you free DLCs.
Great! Now, to activating them.

There are two methods to doing this. Either use the Galaxy Client or download and install the DLCs manually.
Both methods will be explained bellow.

Method 1 - Download using the Galaxy Client:
1. First when you look at the game page you will see that there are DLCs on the left. The bottom one is the one you are looking for.
Go ahead and buy it, don't worry no payment is required (mine already says owned because I did this step).
2. Now to activate the DLCs press the 'more' tab next to the play button and go to configure.
After you have entered the configure section go ahead and mark your selected DLCs.
3. Enjoy your free content and don't forget to drop the developers a nice word.

Method 2 - Download Manually:
1. First thing first you must go to this page and buy the free DLCs Program.
Go ahead and buy it, don't worry no payment is required.
2. After you have finished the purchase go to your account page.
3. Press the Witcher 3 icon or "folder" as I like to call it.
If you don't see the Witcher 3 "folder" you probably bought a retail copy. If that is you must first redeem the code found inside the retail box into your GOG.com account.
4. After the drop down menu opens select the DLCs you wish to download.
5. Save the .exe files and install them manually.
6. Enjoy your free content and don't forget to drop the developers a nice word.

Available DLCs:
Currently only 4 DLCs are available at the moment.
The remaining DLCs will be released as bundles as time passes. Current available free DLCs:
1. Temerian Armor Set
2. Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt
3. New Quest: Contract Missing Miners
4. Alternative Look for Yennefer

How to get the content from the DLCs in-game:
1. Temerian Armor Set: You can get the Temerian Armor from Bram, the guy you save from the griffin at the start. He will stand at the gate to the village after you go to the inn.
2. Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt: After installing the DLC you will have 6 different hairstyles and 6 different beards you can choose from at the barber shop (look for a scissors icon on the map).
3. New Quest: Contract Missing Miners: You can get the Quest at "Skellige".
4. Alternative Look for Yennefer: Automatically activates itself after installation, You can toggle it on and off in the options menu in-game.
How to Toggle the look On/Off: Options > Downloadable Content > Toggle the new look on/off.

Edits and Updates:
Edit 1: Updated the entire guide to be clearer and generally more user friendly, the following changes have been made:
- New pictures for the Galaxy Client Guide.
- Added Sections to the post.
- Added a manual installation guide.
- Added a list of available DLCs.
- Added a section for in-game content and where to find it.
- Added "Notes" Section.
- Removed old 'Edits' for clearer view of the post.

Notes:
- For other questions make sure to check out this FAQ thread by mmarci.
- Feel free to add me to your friends if you wish to chat or ask anything or simply talk about how amazing the game is.
- Thank you to all of you who help me maintain the guide and its relevancy, I appreciate each and every one of you.
If you see any mistake or have something for me to add just say so here or better yet send me a message (It will be clearer to see).

----------
Oksoy
kamelnet: thanks a lot for help!
suppose i am way past that area how to i get my free armor set?
jktz122: suppose i am way past that area how to i get my free armor set?
You can always use the fast travel stations to go back to previous areas.
thank you
And Where do you pick up the new DLC In-game? I went back to the guy in White Orchid and he didnt have the Nilfy Armor.
Post edited June 04, 2015 by LordRikerQ
LordRikerQ: And Where do you pick up the new DLC In-game? I went back to the guy in White Orchid and he didnt have the Nilfy Armor.
The Nilfguardian armor is at the Bloody Barons Quartermaster. But no Sign of Crossbows there.
Post edited June 04, 2015 by organyx
LordRikerQ: And Where do you pick up the new DLC In-game? I went back to the guy in White Orchid and he didnt have the Nilfy Armor.
organyx: The Nilfguardian armor is at the Bloody Barons Quartermaster. But no Sign of Crossbows there.
Thanks!
Someone find out where the crossbows are kept :P
thanks for the Nilf armour tip. : )
Post edited June 04, 2015 by SLI-756
youpi
Thanks
Nobody got the location of crossbows?

I think I have been to all traders around the world but no clue where the damn things are.

Do we know at least the names of the crossbows? Or are they called "Crossbow" like every other one in the game? (Besides the witcher set ones)

If that the case I might have missed them since I sold a ton of stuff all around and pretty much every trader in my game has at least one crossbow.