It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone! Having a bit of a problem with my copy of Witcher 3.

I have the game installed on GoG Galaxy, and downloaded the latest 2GB patch from there to install the game. However, upon trying to install it, I get an error message that says

"Patch [1.07]
for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game installation not found, please reinstall."

I also downloaded the 2 files (the exe and the bin file) from the GoG website itself and it still gave me the same error message.

I also verified the files for the game in GoG Galaxy as well, and I'm still having the same issue. After some Google searches and poking on the forums I couldn't find a solution anywhere.

Any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated, as this is the first major problem I've had since the game came out, and would rather not have to uninstall and reinstall it again if it can be helped.

Thanks in advance!
Tyjan, I am also having this very same issue. I have tried several things that you have mentioned. GOG galaxy will verify the game files, but still shows 1.06 on the game menu. When I run the patch .exe I get the same text box as you: Game installation not found, please reinstall.

Maybe this post will catch someone's eye. Anyone have a solution?

Thank you for your help!
rynswnsn: Tyjan, I am also having this very same issue. I have tried several things that you have mentioned. GOG galaxy will verify the game files, but still shows 1.06 on the game menu. When I run the patch .exe I get the same text box as you: Game installation not found, please reinstall.

Maybe this post will catch someone's eye. Anyone have a solution?

Thank you for your help!
Yes, I am having this problem as well and it is very frustrating, anyone find a fix yet? GoG help us out here.
This happens if you´ve installed the game via the Galaxy Client. You have to update from the Client or do a clean install using the installation files, not the Galaxy Client.

Edit: When Updating the game using the Galaxy Client, under no circumstances abort the installation, even it takes a long time. It seems to have stopped, but thats not the Case! If you abort, it could happen that you´ve to load the entire Game.

Edit 2: I have my game installed via the Galaxy Client. The moment i´ve loaded the Patch. exe, something during the installation wen´t wrong. Trying to apply the patch a second time, i got exactly the same error. Because I wasn´t able to start a rollback to 1.06 I had to install the game again. So a good advice: Stick to one Method: Load all installation files and install it without the use of the Galaxy Client. To do the updates, load them and use the .exe files.
Or install the game in Galaxy and update it only using the Client. Otherwise strange things may happen.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by Myrmidion