It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When the game was released I had the game pre-loaded through GOG Galaxy and on release the game auto-patched to 1.02 just fine. So far, so good.

Now when I started GOG Galaxy today it began auto-patching to 1.03 and after downloading 100% the process failed with "disk allocation error".

My GOG Galaxy program install, temporary files and game installs go to my E: drive (SSD) which had about 10 GB free with The Wicher III 1.02 installed.

I made 30 GB free space available and it still failed with the same error. "disk allocation error"...

Now I downloaded the manual patch and it installed just fine. I verified the files through Galaxy and for some reason it downloaded an additional 200+ MB data, which installed just fine.

Now the game is patched to 1.03 and everything seems to be working.

This is just an FYI thread to say that something is very wrong with the patching process. At least for my specific setup. As well as giving a solution for others who might experience this issue.

I hope I included enough detail. (My C: drive (SSD) has 15 GB free, but since everything including Galaxy temp files go to my E: it should not be in use for this process at all - besides, there's plenty of free space on it).
Post edited May 21, 2015 by neverko
OK, this what you do, go to the GoG web page and login to your account, go to the game in your library, you should see the new patch in the download list, click on it, when it's finished downloading double click on the .exe (where ever you had it download too) and it should install, any probs re post back in the forums or in support.
redcap036: OK, this what you do, go to the GoG web page and login to your account, go to the game in your library, you should see the new patch in the download list, click on it, when it's finished downloading double click on the .exe (where ever you had it download too) and it should install, any probs re post back in the forums or in support.
Well, thanks. But did you read the whole post? :)

Edit: I solved the problem myself, but I'm interested in what's causing the problem in the first place.
Post edited May 21, 2015 by neverko