It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I could use that patch also since digital w3 won't start.
I ve got the same problem.
First i've installed DVD version. It lasts 2 fkng hours. Than entered the code provided with DVD box by CDPR to access the update possibility. Than It started to update with 6GB to download. I left it overnight. Woke up in the morning and what i;ve seen ? 40% of those 6 GB still waiting to download and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I restarted the PC couse i got to, previously pausing that download. And instead of those 40% it appeared that i have to download a full 38 GB and wait hours to be finished !!! And of course previously DVD-installed Witcher 3 is not working anymore.
Oh, i haven't mentioned that I got only a mobile-working internet access so i would have to pay another half of price of this game purchased in the shop to download it whole package from my internet provider.
What kind of update politics is that sheet !!!