It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've just got an older laptop with SLI 750M's so I need to run this at a lower resolution. Problem is my TV looks like crap unless it's run at either 720p or 1080p... at 1920x1080 I can't get the FPS playable, at 1280x720 it should be pretty decent. But the only option is 1280x768 or something like that which looks like total crap on my TV, you know how TV's make anything not in a native resolution super freaking blurry!

Also I've tried the trick of changing resolutions in the user.settings.ini file... that does not work at all once I try to go back to full screen it reverts right back to 1280x768!!

PLEASE if anybody has figured something out, HELP ME!! ;-)
Post edited May 19, 2015 by nagal
I'm getting buried quickly so I'm bumping. Seems like a big issue to me that other people would be very interested in... also let me know if you do have the option for 1280x720 in game!!
Sticky is there to help.

EDIT: You might want to check the section about Geforce Experience. If you don't have that running, check if the .ini file is read-only or not.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by mmarci
Sorry mmarci, like I said that does not work for me, it changes right back to 1280x768 once I set full screen in the game. Is no one else getting this problem? Certainly there are plenty of people out there that use a laptop on their TV or have an older card that they need to run at 1280x720.

Also I have updated to the new Nvidia drivers as well.
mmarci, I double check those just to be sure, I know it's not read-only and I always opt out of even installing Geforce Experience.
No luck so far. blah
look in the ini settings, you can manually set your resolution in there (apparently)

Q.: I cannot lower the resolution to 1280x720
A.: Go to //documents\The Witcher 3 and open user.settings. Alter the 'Resolution' variable to your liking.
Post edited May 19, 2015 by Ryuubei
Doesn't work for me either now, I edit the FAQ, thanks mate.
Yeah, hope they address this one soon!

Just double checked by bringing my monitor out into the living room and swapping it with my TV... same problem, so it doesn't seem to be a TV problem, does seem to be an actual resolution problem in the game. My best guess of course.
nagal: Yeah, hope they address this one soon!

Just double checked by bringing my monitor out into the living room and swapping it with my TV... same problem, so it doesn't seem to be a TV problem, does seem to be an actual resolution problem in the game. My best guess of course.
I tried it on two different computers to no avail. The resolution you have set manually still shows 720p but the frame height is 768 according to Fraps. Probably hardcoded minimum resolution.
Yeah... and what's great now is I can't fix a new issue after trying to fix this, my TV won't accept a video signal from my laptop any more unless it's duplicated or extended... not like I had it before with the laptop screen disabling and the TV being the only monitor. Which is important for a number of reasons! This is exactly why consoles aren't always the worst choice, they do tend to work with much less annoyance at least.
Anyone hear any news on a real fix to this problem?
I am having the same issue. Forces me to settle with 1280x768. I am playing on a Panasonic 720p TV and all other games have the option of 720p resolution.

Will keep an eye on this to see if there is a solution or patch.
phorosx: I am having the same issue. Forces me to settle with 1280x768. I am playing on a Panasonic 720p TV and all other games have the option of 720p resolution.

Will keep an eye on this to see if there is a solution or patch.
It is right in the sticky.
Thanks for the work around mmarci! I might just wait and see if they patch before I go this route, but I'll give it a shot if they drag their feet too long.