It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The servers were slow so I downloaded the patch manually, now Galaxy wants to download ~600MB of data, why? Is the manual patch not the same as the Galaxy one or is Galaxy not very good at compression?
Galaxy probably downloads the uncompressed files instead of an archive. And it should not do so because you updated the game manually. Perhaps the client cannot "see" that you did so, I assume. Maybe the registry needs to be tinkered with.

Well, Galaxy is still Beta...
Post edited May 21, 2015 by Unkalibriert
OtakuD: The servers were slow so I downloaded the patch manually, now Galaxy wants to download ~600MB of data, why? Is the manual patch not the same as the Galaxy one or is Galaxy not very good at compression?
Same problem here. I manually downloaded the 275 MB patch 1.03 from gog.com and I installed it. When I try to run the game, GOG Galaxy still wants to download a 600MB patch again.
Post edited May 21, 2015 by poeticgog
I would suggest people pick one method of update and not mix and match. If you want to update manually, then don't use Galaxy at all, or just let Galaxy do its thing. The only reason to choose Galaxy is to let it update automatically, or you just do everything yourself. i choose to do everything myself because I didn't want yet another client trying to run all the time. It really gets to be a lot when you think about it. Steam, Origin, U Play, etc. Everyone wants a client on your computer now a days. I'm just glad GOG gives you the choice. But again, i would choose one method or the other and not trying to mix and match, as the previous poster said, they probably do separate things and it doesn't know about what you did, because Galaxy never did the update so it thinks it needs to.
ibbanez: I would suggest people pick one method of update and not mix and match. If you want to update manually, then don't use Galaxy at all, or just let Galaxy do its thing.
This! A hundred times! That is the Number One problem here.
ibbanez: I would suggest people pick one method of update and not mix and match. If you want to update manually, then don't use Galaxy at all, or just let Galaxy do its thing. The only reason to choose Galaxy is to let it update automatically, or you just do everything yourself. i choose to do everything myself because I didn't want yet another client trying to run all the time. It really gets to be a lot when you think about it. Steam, Origin, U Play, etc. Everyone wants a client on your computer now a days. I'm just glad GOG gives you the choice. But again, i would choose one method or the other and not trying to mix and match, as the previous poster said, they probably do separate things and it doesn't know about what you did, because Galaxy never did the update so it thinks it needs to.
Would be totally ok with this but the difference between 250MB and 600MB was too great to wait, especially at those speeds I was getting. guess I should drop out of beta testing it and go back to normal rather.
ibbanez: I would suggest people pick one method of update and not mix and match. If you want to update manually, then don't use Galaxy at all, or just let Galaxy do its thing.
GrayCarlyle: This! A hundred times! That is the Number One problem here.
The only reason we updated the game manually is because GOG Galaxy kept getting a "Server problem" error. GOG Galaxy should be able to recognize that your game is already updated. It's up to us to let GOG know what problems we are experiencing with Galaxy so they can improve the product.