It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well my biggest gripe with the keybindings is that the default uses multiple actions on the same key, but WE cannot do that.

Example: Sprint + Canter / Gallop + Modify attack = Lshift

I can do this in the input.settings, but try changing just one in the menu and all others are set to none.
Not to mention now the menu shows None for Map instead of M.
I play on arrows and completely different arrangement of keys. The most frustrating for me is the action key [E]. of course I can assign to another key, but then I have to use two "Action" buttons. Now I open chests using "my" key action , but already close button [E]. The same is sitting down or on the boat ... every action I open with my key, but close with the [E]... it's very uncomfortable :(
I know I said it before, but thank you everyone for all the continued conformations. I'll definitely hold off installing 1.04

styggron: I've not downloaded TW3 yet as I was waiting for the binding issue to be sorted but this thread worries me in that 1.04 may not indeed work as well as what we hoped ? I don't know......... what do people that have tried it say ?
Ryudo47: You can unlock the bindings to keys, but they stay psudo bound even if you put something else in it's place. I have this problem too. By default, "I" opens the inventory but I set it to "B" because Bags and it's easier to reach with my thumb. However, when I press "B" it'll open up my inventory like it's supposed to but then when I press "B" again instead of closing my inventory, it opens up the Beastiary panel. So when ever I press "B", I have to press it twice to fully close my inventory menu.
I love that you change the Inventory to 'B' for Bags :o)
Polkot: I play on arrows and completely different arrangement of keys. The most frustrating for me is the action key [E]. of course I can assign to another key, but then I have to use two "Action" buttons. Now I open chests using "my" key action , but already close button [E]. The same is sitting down or on the boat ... every action I open with my key, but close with the [E]... it's very uncomfortable :(
Trust me, it's frustrating for alot of people.

I love consuming potions or food from the inventory.... But you can't do this with any key except [E]... even if you remapped E to another button.... (sounds familiar doesn't it...)
Polkot: I play on arrows and completely different arrangement of keys. The most frustrating for me is the action key [E]. of course I can assign to another key, but then I have to use two "Action" buttons. Now I open chests using "my" key action , but already close button [E]. The same is sitting down or on the boat ... every action I open with my key, but close with the [E]... it's very uncomfortable :(
Brogan80: Trust me, it's frustrating for alot of people.

I love consuming potions or food from the inventory.... But you can't do this with any key except [E]... even if you remapped E to another button.... (sounds familiar doesn't it...)
OK, this is not real problem. My problem regarding action key. Default setting is [E] and ofcourse I can change this to any other, but then I must using two action keys. One for start action, and second for end action eg. using boat.

It's not the only key with this problem.

Remapping "Map" to something else doesn't work - that new key, although displayed in the UI, has no effect. And "M" still displays the Map. Moving back/downwards also can be assigned to a few selected keys only, none of which I want to use. and so on.

There's still work to do, CDPR... Remove the hardcoded exceptions, use the configuration from input.settings only, that should help a lot.
Lets hope, i've still not downloaded W3. I'd waiting for things to stabilise a little first...especially keybinding :)

........I hope.............

Just like I hope physical Gwent decks will not forever remain exclusives to XBoxOne Collector's Edition :(

Polkot: OK, this is not real problem. My problem regarding action key. Default setting is [E] and ofcourse I can change this to any other, but then I must using two action keys. One for start action, and second for end action eg. using boat.
Well, yes, it's a real problem. That E key in the inventory screen CANNOT be changed to anything else. There are no lines to edit for that specific prompt.

Your issue of getting in and out of the boat with 1 key is the opposite. It is technically NOT a real problem, since you can fix it by editing the input file in User Docs (IK_E=(Action=BoatDismount).
Ok Patch 1.05 says there are more fixed to key rebinding....is it working now ? I've not downloaded W3 yet, I really want to see this fixed first.
styggron: Ok Patch 1.05 says there are more fixed to key rebinding....is it working now ? I've not downloaded W3 yet, I really want to see this fixed first.
Right mouse button works, but other keys still do not work.
<facepalm> <head desk>

<sigh>
So now we have to wait for 1.06
Post edited June 06, 2015 by styggron
Well, one of my mouse side buttons stopped working after that little update few days back, and started to switch mouse sensitivity. Now 1.05 fixed sensitivity settings, but button still doesn't work as intended, despite being mapped for potions key.
Also at times upon loading Geralt starts jumping, or jumping and running on his own, without me even touching the keyboard. Looks very funny, but quite dangerous, if this happens when you loading a save where Geralt was standing on edge, ledge, or at some place he could die, should he fall from.