It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Changing the following keys have no affect and do not work with the new binding in 1.04

Right mouse button to move forward do nothing.
Using the < > keys for movement do nothing.
' (single quote) is still not bindable.

Updated:
I take that back. Unlocking the key bindings just don't seem to even work. For example, if you remap M to something else, it still opens the map whenever pressed. I tried deleting the input configuration file and that didn't work either.
Post edited May 25, 2015 by Dave-X
Works fine for me (Win7 x64)
edd_k: Works fine for me (Win7 x64)
Same, Win7 x64. Try binding right mouse button to move forward and M to move back, what happens?
Unfortunately this game, like many others, have hardcoded keys and you can't rebind them. Most probably it's an engine issue.
The solution to your problem, like many people will tell you, is using autohotkey, but prior to that you'll need to get an engineer degree just to learn how to use it.
PaiSand: Unfortunately this game, like many others, have hardcoded keys and you can't rebind them. Most probably it's an engine issue.
The solution to your problem, like many people will tell you, is using autohotkey, but prior to that you'll need to get an engineer degree just to learn how to use it.
Yeah thanks. I didn't think it was just me. I've been using AHK for a long time now just because of games like these.
Dave-X: Changing the following keys have no affect and do not work with the new binding in 1.04

Right mouse button to move forward do nothing.
Using the < > keys for movement do nothing.
' (single quote) is still not bindable.

Updated:
I take that back. Unlocking the key bindings just don't seem to even work. For example, if you remap M to something else, it still opens the map whenever pressed. I tried deleting the input configuration file and that didn't work either.
That's sad to hear, as I too normally play with RightMouseButton to move forward in almost all games that supports it. I ended up having to remap "E" to work for Witcher 3.

I manually remapped "M" for Alchemy screen, which indeed works to open Alchemy screen but pressing it again to close it opens up the Map screen instead so yeah it's part of a group of keys that are hardcoded to work some of the time, to open but not to close.

Haven't downloaded 1.04 yet but will have to do more testing when I do but I'm not too hopeful for full custom keybinding that works.
I've been holding off installing 1.04

This was a thing before. I initially remapped the Inventory to 'Y', but 'I' was still closing the window. I guess they didn't fix that, just unlocked what some had already manually edited.

I think I'll wait to install 1.04

Thanks for the information everyone.
Sorry I am a little confused with patch 1.04.

Does it allow you to rebind any key and if so how come some of it allegedly still does not work ? (from reading some posts here).

I've not downloaded TW3 yet as I was waiting for the binding issue to be sorted but this thread worries me in that 1.04 may not indeed work as well as what we hoped ? I don't know......... what do people that have tried it say ?
styggron: Sorry I am a little confused with patch 1.04.

Does it allow you to rebind any key and if so how come some of it allegedly still does not work ? (from reading some posts here).

I've not downloaded TW3 yet as I was waiting for the binding issue to be sorted but this thread worries me in that 1.04 may not indeed work as well as what we hoped ? I don't know......... what do people that have tried it say ?
My theory is that 1.04 just exposes more of the file input.setting to the in-game UI since technically you can essentially remap all keys in 1.03 *IF* you carefully manually edit input.setting like I had to do. But as I said there are a group of keys (the default for all the menus mostly) that doesn't allow to close by tapping it a 2nd time, while it works to open, remap to different action, etc.

But according to OP, RightMouseButton doesn't work still for movement so that may be another set of hardcoded keys into the engine that limits it actions to certain things.
Post edited May 25, 2015 by UprightMan
styggron: I've not downloaded TW3 yet as I was waiting for the binding issue to be sorted but this thread worries me in that 1.04 may not indeed work as well as what we hoped ? I don't know......... what do people that have tried it say ?
You can unlock the bindings to keys, but they stay psudo bound even if you put something else in it's place. I have this problem too. By default, "I" opens the inventory but I set it to "B" because Bags and it's easier to reach with my thumb. However, when I press "B" it'll open up my inventory like it's supposed to but then when I press "B" again instead of closing my inventory, it opens up the Beastiary panel. So when ever I press "B", I have to press it twice to fully close my inventory menu.
Thanks everyone.

Ok so it is still not solved :( .
Sure a step in the right direction but still "not working".

Ok we need Patch 1.05 then..... :)
Post edited May 26, 2015 by styggron
edd_k: Works fine for me (Win7 x64)
Dave-X: Same, Win7 x64. Try binding right mouse button to move forward and M to move back, what happens?
I got it. I binded some locked hotkeys, but not [M]. Now I tried to bind Glossary to [M] and when press it, I see nothing )) Something is shown and then hides again.

Binding [M]/[RMB] keys to movement is also not work properly
[RMB] won't work

You have to use [RightMouse]
Brogan80: [RMB] won't work

You have to use [RightMouse]
I just stuck to AHK. It's much easier and you can do just about anything with it.
I still can't believe they didn't do it right in the first place. At least they are working at fixing it, it won't be long before it will be fine.....I hope.