It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I placed the patch into my C:\...\wild hunt directory...then also copied into the bin\x64 directory. Ran in both and got the same error message that the installation wasn't found??

What am I doing wrong here? I placed the day one patch in the root directory of the game and it installed fine...confused.

I'm a GOG newb so go easy...I haven't found an answer anywhere on here that addresses my scenario (saw something about GALAXY?? - don't even know what that means??)

Please push me in the right direction - thanks much!!
Attachments:
Galaxy is a similar service to Steam, you can download the beta here. No need to create accounts, just use the GoG login details.

Once you have done so and launched Galaxy, open up Library within the client, select the game, click More -> Manage -> Import Folder and select your installation directory. This should load your game onto Galaxy and the automatically patch it; if it doesn't, click More -> Manage -> Verify/Repair.

You can also try simple life hacks (without using Galaxy) such as renaming your installation folder to The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.