It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

frenrihr: The worst joke about combat, its that you need mana to block.... oh i forgot to say.. enemies dont use that and can block forever.... enemies move faster do more damage and do fight better than geralt... i wished i can play with a drowwner or another monstar instead of the stupid girly witcher that cant handle a stupid spider.
Don't take this as an insult, but how old are you? I've read a couple of your posts, and it seems to me you're either a child who just started gaming on the pc. Or a guy who absolutely needs to have everything spoon fed to him when he's gaming, kinda like bethsedas games.

I know you're angry the EASY difficulty is too HARD for you, but i'm sure you can CHEAT your way thorugh the game, or hope the devs make a new patch entitled VERY EASY.
frenrihr: The worst joke about combat, its that you need mana to block.... oh i forgot to say.. enemies dont use that and can block forever.... enemies move faster do more damage and do fight better than geralt... i wished i can play with a drowwner or another monstar instead of the stupid girly witcher that cant handle a stupid spider.
greenfish: Don't take this as an insult, but how old are you? I've read a couple of your posts, and it seems to me you're either a child who just started gaming on the pc. Or a guy who absolutely needs to have everything spoon fed to him when he's gaming, kinda like bethsedas games.

I know you're angry the EASY difficulty is too HARD for you, but i'm sure you can CHEAT your way thorugh the game, or hope the devs make a new patch entitled VERY EASY.
Dont take this as an insult either .i. imbecile.
Post edited May 22, 2011 by frenrihr
greenfish: Don't take this as an insult, but how old are you? I've read a couple of your posts, and it seems to me you're either a child who just started gaming on the pc. Or a guy who absolutely needs to have everything spoon fed to him when he's gaming, kinda like bethsedas games.

wow really? he never said he was having too hard of a time. he was just saying he does not like how some of the mechanics pan out. stop insulting him for no reason.

cloud8521: wow really? he never said he was having too hard of a time. he was just saying he does not like how some of the mechanics pan out. stop insulting him for no reason.
Why are you "acting" suprised? I'm aware of this kids posts, and he isn't providing anything useful at all.

I'm gonna insult this loser until he starts providing constructive critism instead of complaining like a little girl.

Just look at this recent post, what exactly does he add to this thread?
cloud8521: wow really? he never said he was having too hard of a time. he was just saying he does not like how some of the mechanics pan out. stop insulting him for no reason.
greenfish: Why are you "acting" suprised? I'm aware of this kids posts, and he isn't providing anything useful at all.

I'm gonna insult this loser until he starts providing constructive critism instead of complaining like a little girl.

i did not know having an opinion means you may insult him
greenfish: Why are you "acting" suprised? I'm aware of this kids posts, and he isn't providing anything useful at all.

cloud8521: i did not know having an opinion means you may insult him
Since you didn't answer my question, i'm just gonna assume you're with him on all of his whinning.

I respected your opinion before cloud on the combat, but if you're gonna side with someone who moans and bitches like a little girl, then no thanks :)
cloud8521: i did not know having an opinion means you may insult him
greenfish: Since you didn't answer my question, i'm just gonna assume you're with him on all of his whinning.

I respected your opinion before cloud on the combat, but if you're gonna side with someone who moans and bitches like a little girl, then no thanks :)
im not here to take sides in this i just want both sides to not resort to insults. i like things to be as civil as possible.
greenfish: Since you didn't answer my question, i'm just gonna assume you're with him on all of his whinning.

cloud8521: im not here to take sides in this i just want both sides to not resort to insults. i like things to be as civil as possible.
I understand your side but here's an interesting read http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/the_combat_not_that_great/page11

Anyone who doens't understand him or supports his opinion is an imbecile in frenrihr eyes.

This thread is a very good one for reading about gamers opinion on the combat, but what frenrihr is doing is just moaning about nothing really.
After you actually get some talents under your belt this game is easy as shit on normal.

I think now that I know how to fight properly on my next playthrough I'll start on hard.

Otherwise the combat would bore me :\
My major complaint is that you have to wait for animations to end.

I want the block button to happen as soon as I press the button. I want to cast a sign or throw a bomb as soon as I press the button. For some reason, the sign/bomb has either a lag, or breaks sometimes. I'll be standing in place, looking at myself pressing R or Q and geralt is just standing around holding his sword................ Oh you wanted me to cast Quen now? OKAY!

-_-
Post edited May 22, 2011 by Gvaz

If someone is "posting like a child" then insulting them by name calling isn't exactly adding to the post is it? By stooping to the level of name calling and snide remarks you pretty much guarantee that you make yourself look no better than the person you're criticizing.
Gvaz: After you actually get some talents under your belt this game is easy as shit on normal.

I think now that I know how to fight properly on my next playthrough I'll start on hard.

I'm in an understanding that hard isn't really all that hard either once you grab some talents. I really wish they would add some balancing to the difficulty so the game would stay challenging even with a progressed character.

Perhaps another difficulty setting in addition to insane, where you wouldn't lose your progress on death. Combat however is fun, but it needs more enemy tactics, because it mostly is just hacking away and rolling around quickly. Particularly monsters tend to be boring to fight against, whereas human enemies are a lot more exciting to battle.
cloud8521: im not here to take sides in this i just want both sides to not resort to insults. i like things to be as civil as possible.
greenfish: I understand your side but here's an interesting read http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/the_combat_not_that_great/page11

Anyone who doens't understand him or supports his opinion is an imbecile in frenrihr eyes.

This thread is a very good one for reading about gamers opinion on the combat, but what frenrihr is doing is just moaning about nothing really.
Then do what countless adults do everywhere and simply ignore him, and never let yourself get pissed over someone else s crappy behavior. Simply consider the source and move on, the good thing is you're not them right?
Gvaz: After you actually get some talents under your belt this game is easy as shit on normal.

My major complaint is that you have to wait for animations to end.

I want the block button to happen as soon as I press the button. I want to cast a sign or throw a bomb as soon as I press the button. For some reason, the sign/bomb has either a lag, or breaks sometimes. I'll be standing in place, looking at myself pressing R or Q and geralt is just standing around holding his sword................ Oh you wanted me to cast Quen now? OKAY!

-_-
that's pat of why i want blocking not to use mana. it would allow them to scale it on its own.

and they can do it so many ways your head will spin at the possibilities.

its just some of the choices they made just dont work.

you end up with the game going from hard to easy. which is pretty bad in terms of progression.

the best option is to change a few things around and scale them better.

and make the enemies scale as the story moved along.

and im not saying as you level. but make the characters in the story harder. but you can still keep the guards and such wimpy.

and what everyone needs to realize in my opinion is that just because the combat is sort of good now i like it but i still want them to try tweaking it. which is why i even make these suggestions . i dont want it to get easy but i dont want it to be frustrating . i am having fun playing, i just want to see things a little different to see if its better that way.
Post edited May 22, 2011 by cloud8521
Accept it people. The combat is - like the Witcher 1 - Still a diceroll. Don't fool yourself. And i don't need comments like : OH! Turn down the difficulty T_T
kookueb: Accept it people. The combat is - like the Witcher 1 - Still a diceroll. Don't fool yourself. And i don't need comments like : OH! Turn down the difficulty T_T
well.. its not really a diceroll.. but there is rolling involved >.>