It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not only did they feel the need to go to consoles, but they took a cheque from Microsoft to be exclusive to the 360. Thats just terribly disappointing to me. Not a great way to introduce yourselves to the consoles CPR, really doesnt make a good first impression. If you're going to have to go to consoles, it should be multi-platform, none of this exclusive nonsense, it just reeks of selling out. Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.
Or it could have just been because 360 is the easier console to develop on, and it's the biggest marketplace.
yes. ps3 is notoriously awful to develop for. cdpr isn't activision assembly line style developer.

thanks.
Quaxi: Or it could have just been because 360 is the easier console to develop on, and it's the biggest marketplace.
Or to phrase it differently. It is a relative piece of cake to port a PC game with XBOX controller support to (Direct)xBox which simply is DirectX without windows around it :)
Compared to reprogram it for cell architecture
Yeah, no doubt it's just because the PS3 would've cost too much to develop for. With the 360 version, it's practially a copy and paste job.
Let's not forget that PS is a Sony product and that company is very specific about rights and sharing and ... well... Let's just say they don't always play nice with the other kiddos. It would be a legal nightmare and a marketing disaster. This is just my thoughts on the matter.
I don't think the comments about 360 being easier to develop for are entirely relevant. While it is true, They were in the middle of developing Rise of the White Wolf for both consoles supposedly, so they had to have at least some level of knowledge about how to make it work.
Did I miss the 360-exclusive statement? I thought that there was simply no word on PS3, which would make sense since, as some of you have already said, it's a longer process to port from pc to PS3. After CDPR got burned on the port of the first game, they've been very cautious about announcing plans until everything is really guaranteed.
ChronoSnake: I don't think the comments about 360 being easier to develop for are entirely relevant. While it is true, They were in the middle of developing Rise of the White Wolf for both consoles supposedly, so they had to have at least some level of knowledge about how to make it work.
You're right that they have some knowledge, but the port of TW1 was being handled primarily by a contractor. The deal went sour for some reason.
Post edited June 02, 2011 by kyogen
cooper: Let's not forget that PS is a Sony product and that company is very specific about rights and sharing and ... well... Let's just say they don't always play nice with the other kiddos. It would be a legal nightmare and a marketing disaster. This is just my thoughts on the matter.
What are you even talking about? Xbox has way more restrictions ans Sony PSN and platform is a lot more open, see Steam on PS3. You have zero clue what you are talking about.

Also, PS3 is much bigger then 360 outside the US, The Witcher is more popular in Europe, being a 360 exclusive which only Shooters sell well will be a majoe mistake on Cd projects part.

Either way Im playing on a beast PC, cant imagine how worse it will look on the outdated 360.
Post edited June 02, 2011 by mastorofpuppetz
I wouldn't worry. CDP have already demonstrated that the word 'exclusive' doesn't really mean much to them.
CaptainKremin: I wouldn't worry. CDP have already demonstrated that the word 'exclusive' doesn't really mean much to them.
Can't recall CDP saying Witcher 2 was PC exclusive. Doesn't bother me that it isn't, just wish the inventory could get a PC tuneup though.

But X360 exclusive? PS3 has the same if not slightly larger market share outside the US.
CaptainKremin: I wouldn't worry. CDP have already demonstrated that the word 'exclusive' doesn't really mean much to them.
Sceptrum: Can't recall CDP saying Witcher 2 was PC exclusive. Doesn't bother me that it isn't, just wish the inventory could get a PC tuneup though.

But X360 exclusive? PS3 has the same if not slightly larger market share outside the US.
The WW numbers are very close, PS3 has been outselling 360 WW since 08, and its not close outside us, ps3 outsells 360 WW almost 2:1 outside america. Makes no sense to release a popular europe RPG on 360 only. lots of lost sales.
Nothing wrong about porting to consoles. Share the joy I say. And as has been mentioned by others here but it really bears repeating. Sony does not always work and play well with others. CDPRED are not a big dev house like EA Sony would steamroll over them then come back to urinate on their graves.
jklinders: Nothing wrong about porting to consoles. Share the joy I say. And as has been mentioned by others here but it really bears repeating. Sony does not always work and play well with others. CDPRED are not a big dev house like EA Sony would steamroll over them then come back to urinate on their graves.
Again more BS, sony has 3--4 times the exclusives, and Steam being on PS3 as Valve said is because PS3 is MORE OPEN. Stop spewing BS. Sony is very open, you see a lot more chance taking on Ps3 with games like HEavy rain, demons souls, Sony has always had industry top dev support.
Personally i am disapointed in its coming to the 360, however if a reasonable 4core, 521mbvram and 4gb ram using computer can only run this on what we would call "low" settings to an extent, it will be interesting what it looks like and runs like at 40-60fps on a 3.2 3core, 10-64mb vram? with 512 ram(notneeded as much) as correct me if i am wrong but the witcher 2 is pretty heaving on video memory and cpu's.
It will also be interesting how they tackle the nudity as reguardlesss of age restriction, this things going to be like every little boys grand theft auto lust.

Having said all that and i feel a little miffed, It is very big news for CDPR, this i reckon is going to happen and we new it would anyway, CDPR will develop a massive amout more so of revenue and will give every other rpg maker a real run for their money with this one. In the end if there is a witcher 3 with which that ending concluded there has to be, we can only win here. Unless a big nasty developer like activision or EA sees this company and they sell out.

I'm still running this on ultra, very well infact, i also can't wait for the mod tools and the things modders will create, something the 360 fans will never get unfortunatly because of microsoft.

I also think microsoft may have been the reason iwitcher 2 coming to its system and as for Sony, they didn't help their case with that sercuro rom.

In conclusion as my post is a farily negative one, its is very good for the developer, i am realy happy for them and i wish them all the best, console gamers will have an absoloute delight with this, just as i have :)
Post edited June 02, 2011 by RuaridhGoG