It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just started playing and I am so happy that it finally is working. Im impressed that my card can run all settings at max except that ubersampling. How is it working for everyone?

Q9550 3.4ghz
4890 1gb
4gb
Same for me really. I have a single GTX 580

It's "workable" with uber sampling on, but i really need a ultra smooth frame rate :)

So i play on ultra and just turn uber sampling off and AA off (native resolution for my monitor is 1920 x 1080 so AA is less useful for its performance hit) and leave the rest on... ultra smooth, and looks quite good still
dmwhitedragon: Same for me really. I have a single GTX 580

It's "workable" with uber sampling on, but i really need a ultra smooth frame rate :)

So i play on ultra and just turn uber sampling off and AA off (native resolution for my monitor is 1920 x 1080 so AA is less useful for its performance hit) and leave the rest on... ultra smooth, and looks quite good still
Yea i play at 16:10 so i have the black bars but o well. I have AA on too I might turn it off but it seems to be running very smooth all through the prologue. SO far it is just ubersampling that I have off everything else is maxed. I wonder if it is because my processor has so much bandwidth
I was very pleased that my 4850 can play at acceptable frames on medium/high. Hate the motion blur, though. It kills my frames, and it makes the game unplayable.
I'm playing in ultra with an HD4850 and a 2 core 3.GHz , with all blurs (I hate blurs). that dangling thing, and and uber off, and all is well. I may try turning off AA as well, as my computer is hooked up to an HD tv, see if I notie any difference.
I am running an ATI 5770 w/ a AMD Phenom 2 965 and am getting very good results at 1600 x 1200 with all settings maxed, except for uber sampling.
Post edited May 17, 2011 by cbarbagallo
my 3850 cant run goos frames, even on all low!
I'm only running a GTX 260, and running everything on but uber sampling, Very Large textures, Ultra shadows, the works, at 1080p.

I do feel bad for those having issues, but for me it's smooth as silk, and bloody beautiful.
I'm using a 5850 with an AMD 965 (3.4ghz, not OC'd) on "High" settings, 1600x900 resolution and I can't say my performance is all that great. Drops into the high 20s/low 30s quite often, generally around groups of NPCs. I get 50-60 in some areas (V Sync enabled, I have screen tearing issues with all games) but generally less :/
I can run on high fine with just a Geforce 9600 GT...but only on a small monitor

On my 46" TV it only runs well on low
Intel core i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz
RAM: 3.0 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
ASUS Radeon HD 5750 Formula 1GB

Witcher 2 runs pretty well without any problems at High Settings at 1920x1080 resolution.
Post edited May 17, 2011 by Melkor
Foxhunter39: Just started playing and I am so happy that it finally is working. Im impressed that my card can run all settings at max except that ubersampling. How is it working for everyone?

Q9550 3.4ghz
4890 1gb
4gb
I have i5 at 3.0ghz
4890 1gb
4gb

About 20/30 frames a second at medium to high but my graphics card is running at 120C degrees and the fan noise is insane!
Foxhunter39: Just started playing and I am so happy that it finally is working. Im impressed that my card can run all settings at max except that ubersampling. How is it working for everyone?

Q9550 3.4ghz
4890 1gb
4gb
JackAttackNZ: I have i5 at 3.0ghz
4890 1gb
4gb

About 20/30 frames a second at medium to high but my graphics card is running at 120C degrees and the fan noise is insane!
I took out the side panel of my computer and hooked up an external fan to blow into it :D

The thing was smoking hot...now it's cool cool cool
AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.2GHz
8GB DDR2 @ 400MHz in Dual Channel
XFX ATI RadeonHD4890 1GB

On High settings @ 1920x1200 except for:
Textures @ Very Large
Blur effects and Motion blur @ DISABLED
Depth of field gameplay/cutscenes/cinematic @ DISABLED

I get around 20fps during lots of dudes combat
I get around 40fps in the camp
I get about 60fps or so in menus

So I have no idea how you're playing on ultra at a decent framerate
Yeah I'm getting mixed results too.

i7 950 cpu
6gb DDR3 1333mhz
Ati 6970 2gb VRAM

With SSAO, AA and motion blur disabled I get 58-60 in towns, ~40-50 in combat but it can dip as low as 30 frames. Runs Crysis 2 on high quite easily, so maybe it just needs an update.