It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys my game is running like crap. I got the newest drivers and the game is running at like 8 to 10 fps on ultra. The game auto detected my system as ultra but it wont run even if i turn crossfire off there isnt any diffrence in fps. I turned it to high it runs better but still bad my system can handle more than that i know i have a quad phenom 2 945 at 3.0gigs. So whats wrong with my game?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
awi5951: Hey guys my game is running like crap. I got the newest drivers and the game is running at like 8 to 10 fps on ultra. The game auto detected my system as ultra but it wont run even if i turn crossfire off there isnt any diffrence in fps. I turned it to high it runs better but still bad my system can handle more than that i know i have a quad phenom 2 945 at 3.0gigs. So whats wrong with my game?
Ultra setting is the absolute starkers GPU setting. Running it on high should still give you an absolutely gorgeous game. Give it a try and see how it looks.

EDIT: It's late here in Warsaw. Looking your post over again, I'd suggest turning off the DOF settings. Also, what's your video card?
Post edited May 17, 2011 by TheEnigmaticT
AMD needs to release Xfire drivers for The Witcher 2 , it seems the game is not supporting it right now, take a look in here:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/tips_for_those_using_radeon_crossfire_setups/page1
Its the sapphire 4870x2 crossfired with a 4870 1gig .
awi5951: Its the sapphire 4870x2 crossfired with a 4870 1gig .
Oh, that was in the subject line, wasn't it? >.<

There's some issues with crossfire. Check 'em out in the forum here and, if that doesn't help, get a ticket in to support.
I feel now its a driver issue i turned my game down to medium settings and im getting 18fps. Thats crazy even running on 3 old Ati 4870's 1GIG. So ill wait a week and see if there is a fix that comes out for crossfire support.
awi5951: I feel now its a driver issue i turned my game down to medium settings and im getting 18fps. Thats crazy even running on 3 old Ati 4870's 1GIG. So ill wait a week and see if there is a fix that comes out for crossfire support.
As stated in the above linked thread, AMD is currently working on a Crossfire profile for TW2. In the meantime, you may want to disable Crossfire.
Well the ign reviewer is getting the same crazy frame rates so he said to turn off SSAO and super sampling and that has me running at 30 fps at ultra.