It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ericneo: Updated: 27/05/2011

Here is the "Mutagens for All Abilities" mod with every ability allowing 2 or 3 mutagens when the ability is level 2. Nothing else was changed.

====================================
http://www.mediafire.com/?o4za4leyiunyb7z

Fixed 2 previous bugs that were based on the number of pre programmed slots.

Minor bugs that remain:
After testing it some more I have found some bugs with this.

1) If your loading a game with a slot full prior to using this mod then you may find some 2 slot ones already show 2 in them and some 3 slot ones show that they already have 3 in them, there's only a few of them. I tested by filling all the abilities then putting the mod on for this. If you start using the mod before you put mutagens in the slots this bug does not seem to happen but I'll need to test it some more.

2) only 1 slot shows on level 1 and all slots show on level 2 of the ability.

Give it a go and tell me what you think.
This is not a criticism or discouragement. I appreciate your hard work and enthusiasm. The mod is a great step in adjusting the mutagen system, which I don't feel was implemented quite right in vanilla.

Just wanna give a heads up to potential users:

I used the Mutagen in Every Slot mod (one per) and it really is unbalancing. Fine if you wanna cruise. Limiting oneself to 12 upgrades would keep it reasonable. Hence, I would suggest that multiple mutations per ability will essentially be God Mode. That is absolutely fine, if that is what you want. Just know what you are getting.

Again, I am not denigrating the mod or author! He is a pillar of the community!

In fact, I will be so bold as to say, "Please keep at it! Create a 12-slot, upgradeable version!"

Cheers, and happy hunting!
ericneo: Updated: 27/05/2011

Here is the "Mutagens for All Abilities" mod with every ability allowing 2 or 3 mutagens when the ability is level 2. Nothing else was changed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o4za4leyiunyb7z

Fixed 2 previous bugs that were based on the number of pre programmed slots.

Minor bugs that remain:
After testing it some more I have found some bugs with this.

1) If your loading a game with a slot full prior to using this mod then you may find some 2 slot ones already show 2 in them and some 3 slot ones show that they already have 3 in them, there's only a few of them. I tested by filling all the abilities then putting the mod on for this. If you start using the mod before you put mutagens in the slots this bug does not seem to happen but I'll need to test it some more.

2) only 1 slot shows on level 1 and all slots show on level 2 of the ability.

Give it a go and tell me what you think.
hanns.g: This is not a criticism or discouragement. I appreciate your hard work and enthusiasm. The mod is a great step in adjusting the mutagen system, which I don't feel was implemented quite right in vanilla.

Just wanna give a heads up to potential users:

I used the Mutagen in Every Slot mod (one per) and it really is unbalancing. Fine if you wanna cruise. Limiting oneself to 12 upgrades would keep it reasonable. Hence, I would suggest that multiple mutations per ability will essentially be God Mode. That is absolutely fine, if that is what you want. Just know what you are getting.

Again, I am not denigrating the mod or author! He is a pillar of the community!

In fact, I will be so bold as to say, "Please keep at it! Create a 12-slot, upgradeable version!"

Cheers, and happy hunting!
I agree. BUt that is the point, it is for the user to decide how many mutagens they shove in.
Also, until there is a mod for higher quality mutagens, it can play that role (shoving 2 lesser mutagen of the same kind for instance)
What is good with this mod is that it doesn't force anything on you.
"There, all skill are open with up to 3 slots, do as you wish." concept is a win.
Thanks for the heads up on what happened to you and the reccomandation, tho
Post edited May 27, 2011 by BournesLegacy
Foxhunter39: Does the block with out vigor mod still work? I can't seem to get it to on patch 1.1!
Actually, the carry weight improvement mod is incompatible with the blocking without vigor mod. Both mods modify the same files, this is why its a good idea to use just the "all weights to 0 mod" as that modifies other files, and not the *basic.xml

Maybe thats whats causing you problems, but the mod should work fine in 1.1.
http://www.witchernexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=48

Here it is BournesLegacy. Enjoy :)
Xealot42: Good news, everyone!
We now have a <span class="bold">Witcher Nexus</span> site.

** This list is also available as a much easier to read <span class="bold">Google Doc</span>. **

Abilities:
Mutagens for All Abilities
Multiple Mutagens for All Abilities

Alchemy & Crafting:
Potion/Oil Duration &amp; Crafting Fee Tweaks
Toxicity Rebalance

Combat:
Block Without Vigor Drain
God Mode

Inventory:
Unlimited Carry Weight Mod
Weightless Recipes and Schematics
Change Max Weight Capacity
Crafting Weight Reduction
Weight Rebalance

Items & Enhancements:
Rebuy Basic Potion Formulae
Enhancement &amp; Mutagen Power Increase
Add All Usable Items to Mysterious Merchant
Add Epic and Rare Items to Mysterious Merchant
Add All Usable Items to Innkeepers
Add All Epic and Rare Items to Innkeepers
Black Market - Mysterious Merchant

Quests:
Melitele's Heart Fix
Troll Trouble Fix
Queen Endrega Pheromones Fix
Encrypted Manuscript Ingredient Fix

Texture Replacement:
Kayran Carapace Armor Texture Edit
Kayran Carapace Armor Model Replacement (No Hood)
Return of the White Wolf (Geralt Hair Retex)
The Black Haired Wolf (Geralt Hair Retex)
Classic Dice Set
Celtic Sword Blood Runes
Triss Nude Patch
Battle Ravaged Geralt
Cuter Triss
Battle Scar Roche
Geralt Face Lift

User Interface:
HUD Tweaks (Direction pointer, crosshair, target lock, quick menu)
Mini-map Direction Pointer
Tooltip Mod
HUD B-Gone

Other:
Remove All Intros Except CDProjekt
Australian Un-Edit Patch
Savegame Manager
XML Item Fixes (for modders)

Tutorials:
How to unpack pack0.dzip (tutorial for modders)

Helpful Links:
<span class="bold">The Witcher Nexus</span> - Witcher mod database & forums.
<span class="bold">Mods Reloaded</span> - Witcher mod database & forums.
<span class="bold">Recommended Mods and Adventures thread</span> - A conservative list of mods that maintain the original balance of the game by chautemoc.
<span class="bold">Mod Request thread</span> - Request your dream mod here.
The Mutagens for All Abbilities that's in nexus breaks the basic requirement of mutagens. Mutagens were meant to activate abbilities without using skill points and apply the enhancements. This is not working anymore.
Foxhunter39: Does the block with out vigor mod still work? I can't seem to get it to on patch 1.1!
eRe4s3r: Actually, the carry weight improvement mod is incompatible with the blocking without vigor mod. Both mods modify the same files, this is why its a good idea to use just the "all weights to 0 mod" as that modifies other files, and not the *basic.xml

This mod will work with it?

http://gamemodscore.org/downloads.php?do=download&amp;fileid=112
Post edited May 27, 2011 by Foxhunter39
Not too complain too much, but my only issue with "Mods Reloaded" being up there in the list of helpful links is that they often have pretty out of date versions of mods, and don't always even get the attributions correct, since as far as I know they upload all the files there themselves instead of the original modder. Or if not them, then users on their site. It could be useful if the mod falls off the face of the Earth, but you're better off seeking out the original source.

They still have super early versions of some of my stuff for other games that's like a year out of date. Not sure anybody reads the "contact us" messages either...

I wouldn't care if there were an easy way to make sure stuff stays up to date and correct on that site. Maybe registering would give me access, but I dunno. Shouldn't have to sign up for every other random mod site you don't use yourself.
Post edited May 27, 2011 by antihero_
Add All Usable Items to Innkeepers, Add All Usable Items to Mysterious Merchant, and XML Item Fixes have been updated.

The first two were missing bombs and, surprisingly, nobody brought that to my attention.

I also removed quest items and most of the nonfunctional items. I left some potentially nonfunctional crafting diagrams and recipes. For example, there's no Nilfgaardian Harpy sword, so the diagram probably won't give you anything. Any item that does not have a orens value is likely to be nonfunctional. Again, be a smart consumer and watch what you buy! ;)

XML Item Fixes was renamed XML Fixes. I had left out an ability fix for mages that should actually correct a bug with Igni, where the speed of Igni was not being applied. With that said, that bug probably only affects NPCs that use Igni or cast fireball spells. I had left this fix out of the initial release because it completely slipped my mind.

FYI: The modding tutorial in the original post is rather extensive. Extracting files from the pack0.dzip is trivial with Gibbed's RED.Unpack tool. Unfortunately, RED.Unpack is an all-or-nothing drag-and-drop tool or a command-line tool, and you need to know how to download the sources from SVN and compile the solution with Microsoft Visual Studio or MSBUILD. Gibbed also has a RED.Pack tool, which creates DZIPs, so it's worthwhile to download and learn TortoiseSVN and Microsoft Visual Studio Express.
eRe4s3r: Actually, the carry weight improvement mod is incompatible with the blocking without vigor mod. Both mods modify the same files, this is why its a good idea to use just the "all weights to 0 mod" as that modifies other files, and not the *basic.xml

Foxhunter39: This mod will work with it?

http://gamemodscore.org/downloads.php?do=download&amp;fileid=112
It would indeed, any mod would as long as it doesn't modify the same files really. Once larger overhauls appear my smallish mods likely become obsolete
I use the no weight limit mod & no vigor draining block mod...both work perfectly together.
Gibbed's RED Tools (for modding) now has a project page at Witcher Nexus.
Not sure where to ask this, but I wonder if altering the inventory ( implementing grid, comparison stats on items in shops, etc ) will ever happen via community mods, or if this is too intensive and must be done by the devs.
Haven't fully scoped it out, yet. But I would imagine that Gibbed's tool will allow full modding capability.
fireundubh, thanks man. I was looking for a way to decode string files. Much appreciated.
Unlock all development paths mod: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/mod_unlock_all_development_paths

As I said in its post, I consider it a cheat but it's there for the fun of it.
Post edited May 28, 2011 by antihero_