It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Been working through Witcher 1 and finally finished.

Installed Witcher 2 Enhanced edition.

Error 0xc000007b

Tried installing mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcr100_clr0400.dll, xinput1_3.dll in the System32 folder.

Same result.

Tried updating Direct X, VisualC++, all other drivers. Still same result.

Will really appreciate some help or advice.

Windows 10, 64 bit. i7 CPU. 16Gb RAM.

I don't have the GOG Galaxy, preferring to launch directly.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc000007b/
The problem is connected with some of the components of Microsoft Visual C++ packets being broken or missing entirely. In such a case it is recommended that you uninstall all the versions of the packet (Visual C++ 2005, Visual C++ 2008, Visual C++ 2010) and then reinstall them.
dr.schliemann: http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc000007b/

The problem is connected with some of the components of Microsoft Visual C++ packets being broken or missing entirely. In such a case it is recommended that you uninstall all the versions of the packet (Visual C++ 2005, Visual C++ 2008, Visual C++ 2010) and then reinstall them.
dr.schliemann:
Thank you for your reply.

I'll do that now and get back.

Thanks again.
dr.schliemann: http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/the-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc000007b/

dr.schliemann:
Thank you once again.

I tried your solution with no success, sadly.

I have however, now managed to successfully run Witcher 2 by downloading and running the program through the GOG Galaxy.

I won't accuse GOG of deliberately doing this. I downloaded my copy of Witcher2 and successfully ran it, before the latest Windows upgrade. But now it needs GOG Galaxy.

GOG is still better than its rival STEAM which routinely interrupted play with an advert offering their latest nonsense.

But it is sad and hopefully, will be sorted soon.

Thank you once again for your support and information.

Happy Gaming
Surfinjo: I have however, now managed to successfully run Witcher 2 by downloading and running the program through the GOG Galaxy.
You could try writing to the support team: I can't imagine why Galaxy should be needed. Maybe the game's version you can download via Galaxy contains a patch that the version you download from the website still hasn't.
Surfinjo: I have however, now managed to successfully run Witcher 2 by downloading and running the program through the GOG Galaxy.
dr.schliemann: You could try writing to the support team: I can't imagine why Galaxy should be needed. Maybe the game's version you can download via Galaxy contains a patch that the version you download from the website still hasn't.
The more I think about it, the more it looks like something in the latest W10 update.

Googling the problem I found a number of forums where gamers are complaining of the same problem. Indeed it was one of those which suggested installing the various dll's, sadly, to no effect.

I'll take youd advice and contact th4e support team. If I hear anything positive back.I will post here.

For now, enjoying Witcher 2 immensely.
I have a reply for GOG.

[i]please launch GOG Galaxy, press MORE - > Manage Installation - > Show Folder.
After that, please right-click on Launch Witcher 2 and select: run as administrator.
If you are using any security software(antivirus, internet security) then you may need to change settings or temporarily disable such application and then start the game and see if the problem still persists.[/i]

I have done this and am please to say, Witcher 2 is now running well.

I have uninstalled the GOG Galaxy with no problems.
I had a similar problem when I first installed Witcher 2, but don't remember if it was the exact error number. What solved the problem, was the NODOTNET patch, which is called THE DOTNET HOTFIX on the linked page.

I don't know why this patch isn't included along with the other files in our game library. Oh well, it wouldn't be GOG if things would go smoothly.
Maybe the culprit had been the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679
Surfinjo: I have a reply for GOG.

[i]please launch GOG Galaxy, press MORE - > Manage Installation - > Show Folder.
After that, please right-click on Launch Witcher 2 and select: run as administrator.
If you are using any security software(antivirus, internet security) then you may need to change settings or temporarily disable such application and then start the game and see if the problem still persists.[/i]

I have done this and am please to say, Witcher 2 is now running well.

I have uninstalled the GOG Galaxy with no problems.
Hello! I have the same error. Unfortunately, this solution did not work. I do not know what to do :(