Some more mods here for recommendation The Witcher Texturen Mod
Hello all together! After long and hard work I finally managed to sharpen the textures of "The Witcher"! The installer of my texture mod has a size of 1.39 GB. It contains revised textures of 1. Objects 2. Buildings 3. Walls 4. Animals 5. Minimaps 6. Terrain 7. Armour 8. FX (magic and other effects) 9. Ground Textures As graphic bugs are possible please make a screenshot and send me a message if you discover bugs. The same applies for any problems with the installer. Depending on the power of your system it is possible that the game will stutter significantly. As over 3000 textures were edited and enhanced in detail a DualCore 2 CPU is recommended at least to be able to play the mod properly! Have fun playing the mod! :) Pictures for The Bloodpatches Released!
Update 1.1: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-texturen-mod/downloads/texturen-patch
The Witcher: Hi-Res Character Models
This is a high-resolution texture pack for The Witcher, designed specifically to work hand-in-hand with Master of Darkness' Texturen mod. This mod "fills in the blanks" and adds higher resolutions to almost all NPC's, monsters, and animals in the game. The Texturen mod gave us high-res landscapes, buildings, trees, etc... but since characters and monsters were not included, this left us with better looking environments with the population looking a bit dull in contrast. Now with this hi-res character package, almost everything in The Witcher will look very high-def in comparison to the original game. The most notable changes to characters come by the way of outfits; now leathers look more realistic, metals more metallic, and creases and stitching are much more detailed.
- All NPC's, monsters, and animals have been given high resolution textures. It is important to note that while many characters will look exceptional now, not all will be equal. This is because not all were created equal in the original game, with some NPC's having higher vanilla textures than others (a good example is to take a look at Kalkstien's outfit in the original game in comparison to Shani). This difference has been inherited by this texture pack due to restrictions beyond my control, however the differences are slim, as all characters have been improved significantly.
- I highly recommend installing the Texturen mod along with this one. If you do not then the result will be bland looking landscapes in contrast to the character models. Basically, with both mods installed just about everything in the game will now be high-res.
Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/witchercharactermodels/downloads/the-witcher-hi-res-character-models The Witcher: Perfect Blood Mod
This mod changes the attack effects and resulting blood in The Witcher in many ways in order to make it much more realistic and believable in appearance.
- First of all, if you do not already have visible wounds installed, this mod will do so. That means you will now be able to see wounds appear on your enemies each time that you slash them with a weapon. What this mod does to improve on all previous versions of visible wounds is to give you 3 different sizes of wounds determined by how much damange the hit did. Normal hits will now leave smaller gashes than critical hits, and so forth.
- The actual texture resolution of the "cut" has been doubled, and also greatly improved to look much more realistic. Also, the coloring of the original wounds looked a bit off, which has been fixed.
- The color of blood in the vanilla Witcher was far too dark for fresh blood, and instead had the coloring of blood that had been sitting for a while. There have been a few mods so far that changed the blood color, but most overshot and made the blood too bright so it would look cartoon-ish. With Perfect Blood, you get just that: perfect looking blood. I've done my best to find the right balancing in color between the blood flying through the air, laying on the ground, and on the bodies on living and dead characters.
Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-blood-mod/downloads/the-witcher-perfect-blood-full-dl Extra not needed but may be fun to play around with Full Combat Rebalance
The Full Combat Rebalance mod is, so far, the biggest modification created for The Witcher. The combat mechanics have been remade almost from the scratch. The aim was to maximize the realism of the gameplay, this way making it more similar to the world created by Andrzej Sapkowski and maintaining the gameplay to the highest possible standard at the same time. The fights have became more brutal, they need more tactics and strategy, but on the other hand the combat system rules have become more logical. We warmly encourage you to test the modification on your own – and experience a completely new game!
new design of the PC’s and NPC’s parameters,
full armor system and armor type/weapon/combat style dependencies,
damage fully dependent on weapons as in most cRPG games,
full skill tree overhaul, including sword style rules,
much faster and lore-close combat,
limited but more powerful monsters option,
dozens of non-combat related improvements,
fully customizable installation with the ability to install each feature seperately.
Manual: http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1/downloads/fcr-v15-manuals And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal (HQ Adventure)
"And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal" aka "I klatwa, i milosc, i zdrada" is the biggest fan-made module for "The Witcher".
Some features of the adventure:
- 3 main endings and 2 early endings;
- multiple story paths;
- 100 NPCs;
- several new music tracks;
- 10-12 hours of gameplay;
- the estimated total word count of 125000.
Geralt is looking for Yennefer (not Triss nor Shani, but his only true love Yennefer, as the story takes place before the events in The Witcher). He comes to a small village and gets two contracts: a young woman wants to remove a curse from her lover who turns into a wolf at day and the chief of the village wants to clean up the local gold mine of all the monsters.