I'm wondering if I replace those exe with a known working pair if it'd work?
Something's not right with your information. If you downloaded the current installer and there is no corruption in the download, you'd have a working pair. I just don't get what you're saying. I will say it again, that error is a classic symptom of a corrupt library. Now that can also mean a fault on the hard drive, so don't forget that.
Again, already stated that as well. Has been tried on both of my game drives thus far, two drives that have never had even a corrupt download in their service history.
And I've stated that myself, but the library it's stating that are corrupt are the dinjinn and witcher exes. That's why I went as far as reinstalling Windows itself. Has been since the launch of 10 anyhoo and the way I have my system setup I have minimal reinstalls to do, so really had nothing to lose in a fresh install.
I've tried installing it via Galaxy on both drives, and now going to try it via the offline installer on the other drive. The offline installer was downloaded on a third drive seperate than those as well. I will report back once install is completed and I've tested again.
Yep, nope, no change installing it in a base folder either. Get the exact same entry point error for witcher.EXE