It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have the issue of "minimum system requirements not met". i have tried the -dontforceminreqs an it still does it. it ran fine before on the same computer, but now it started doing this??
tomharris92:
kuikkafreak:
User Simcali posted some time ago an alternate solution to the minimum req check problem here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/warning_minimum_hardware_settings_dont_match/post29

I think this thread by TitanOFgame explains the same solution, albeit more detailed:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/warning_minimum_system_requirements_not_met_solution

If that doesn't work you can always contact GOG Support (expect longer reply times due to the holidays and Winter Sale).
Hey!

Geralt in my game sometimes run slow, faster and ultra-fast. Is getting really annoying. Someone knows how to fix it? I'm out of options.

First I thought maybe a sync issue, like in Fallout. So I capped my game to 60. I also tried to change my refresh rate to 60. After that I thought to maybe is a G-Sync problem so I disabled but also didn't work.

Anyone knows how to fix it?
So the game was crashing a lot on taberns for me and it was caused by the high amount of saves I had, a temp workaround was to archive or delete the older saves and left only ~15. It was a PITA to be compressing again and again my saves so after some little research (I mean, all I had to do was to go to Event Viewer on Windows and look for errors involving witcher.exe) I found out that MSVCR80.dll was causing the crashes so I just copied the file to C:\Windows\System32 and so far I didn't have any crash and I currently have 80 saves.

The MSVCR80.dll file it's already present in Windows 10, it is in a weird named subfolder inside C:\Windows\WinSxS so you just have to look it up or use Everything to search for it.

Who knows, maybe it also solves other problems with the game.
Post edited January 08, 2020 by 1024mb
Encountered a strange issue where the game created an empty directory instead of a save file with the ".TheWitcherSave" extension, and the game would hang until I force-closed it. Directory was named as a proper new save file would be. It had saved 50ish saves in the past few days with no issue, however. Exact same PC, exact same GPU drivers, etc.

Folder has both read and write permissions for "Everyone", Defender wasn't protecting the directory, tried a fresh install 3x (including wiping mydocs' save and appdata files), tried windowed, tried vsync, tried all compat. modes, ran as admin, disabled fullscreen optimisations, removed all saves and tried to a start new game, no mods were present, deleted temp files in appdata directory (both between launches and after loading game), save cloud was disabled, tried all possible configurations of forced GPU render and display settings, and no cigar.

It stopped working after doing a bunch of stuff, but one of which was touching the game application's settings in my GPU manufacturer's 3D application control software (for the first time). I'd toggled all options in here to all possible combinations, but I finally reinstalled another version of the graphic drivers (a clean install, after removing all drivers in safe mode) (for my RX 5700 GPU), and this time DID NOT TOUCH the GPU's interface at all.

Now it works. Somehow the GPU drivers were forcing the game into an error which made the game hang and create a directory where it should have created a save file of the same name (though with the proper extension).

No idea how the f that makes any sense, but I'm just glad it works now - even with my old save files. Posting in case anyone else encounters a similar issue.
hello i dunno if this is a common issue but, my game has no sound at all. i tried disabling and enabling sound in the settings, i checked my laptop sound to make sure i just wasn't acting stupid but nothing. the game acts as if everything's fine but my sound is gone. there is no sound at all. anyone got a fix?
My issue is that the game crashes at the Atari symbol. It just does not go past this.
Would appreciate any help regarding this.
Can anyone help with my issue please.
I have just installed the Witcher but when trying to play i am getting an error message.

The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found.Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Unfortunately it did not help.

Any suggestions please.
inkloppitrust: Can anyone help with my issue please.
I have just installed the Witcher but when trying to play i am getting an error message.

The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found.Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

Unfortunately it did not help.

Any suggestions please.
You need to install directx 9.0.
See this thread https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/game_not_launching
I have problem, when i do quest collect the claw of the chimera and i go outside from Kaher Morhen I can't go back inside,
Geralt can't go through the door. Any solution?
Attachments:
Witcher EE, Steam version for PC.
Please help. I ended Chapter III and I'm stuck at the dialog with the girl in the very start of chapter IV. There's no end to the dialog, so I can't progress at all. There's a ss attached.
It happened before with a guard in chapter II (one of the guards that talk about the various things in Vizima) and I had to forcefully close the game with Task Manager, it wouldn't close otherwise.

Thank you for any suggestion you guys might have.
The only problem I am having is that anti-aliasing is disabled.

I haven't had to bypass the minimum requirements error, I don't have lights shining through walls, everything can be turned up to maximum, but for some reason aa is disabled.

Would this still be a direct draw emulation issue? Would disabling that fix it?

My specs if it matters.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.60GHz
RAM
16.0GB
Motherboard
CFL Citigo_CFS (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
SLI Disabled
Storage
1863GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB (SATA (SSD))
238GB Hitachi HFM256GDJTNG-8310A (RAID (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek Audio
Post edited October 16, 2020 by PlagueWizard
Hello there, I'm new to The Witcher and I bought The Witcher EE from GOG.

I had a problem in Chapter 2 with the monolits and I "solve it" using an editor to recover the monoliths that I already had.

Now I`m stucked in chapter 3. I sent Alvin to Shani and now I have to tell Triss. No matter how I go to her house or if I do or not other quests, when I enter Triss' house the same cutscene from the beginning of the Chapter 3 is repeated and the game stuck at a blackscreen.

Does anybody know how to solve it (without go back to previous save points)? I want to finish the game before starting The Witcher 2, but I has been a very VERY frustrating experience.
andreysonj: Hello there, I'm new to The Witcher and I bought The Witcher EE from GOG.

I had a problem in Chapter 2 with the monolits and I "solve it" using an editor to recover the monoliths that I already had.

Now I`m stucked in chapter 3. I sent Alvin to Shani and now I have to tell Triss. No matter how I go to her house or if I do or not other quests, when I enter Triss' house the same cutscene from the beginning of the Chapter 3 is repeated and the game stuck at a blackscreen.

Does anybody know how to solve it (without go back to previous save points)? I want to finish the game before starting The Witcher 2, but I has been a very VERY frustrating experience.
I don't mean to be rude or anything.
But please, don't plug your questions into a thread like THIS. THIS thread is specificly dubbed "fixes to common problems".
If you haven't already you should create separate (question) thread.
Hello friends, I had an issue with screen tearing with The Witcher on my laptop but managed to solve the problem with a little tinkering. I'm running Windows 10 and have an Intel Iris 5100 graphics card, and got really bad screen tearing even on the main menu in full screen mode. Running in Windowed mode was fine but I don't personally care to run games like that.

Anyway! I fixed the problem by doing as follows:

1) Locate "witcher.exe" and right-click on it, then click Properties.
2) Navigate to the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users".
3) Under "Compatibility mode" and next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", check the box and then select "Windows 7" from the drop-down menu beneath.
4) Below, under "Settings", check the box next to "Disable full-screen optimisations".
5) Click "OK", then "OK" again on the previous dialog box.
6) Run "witcher.exe" and viola!

Note: with this solution I'm not running D3Doverrider and neither have I needed to change any settings in my graphics driver utility tool. I am also running the game from GOG Galaxy and have configured it to run "witcher.exe" directly instead of "launcher.exe" (not that I expect that will make much of a difference).

I just thought that this might be useful for anybody who is still, like me, having bother running the game. Step 4 especially hasn't appeared in any of the places I looked online for help, not even here.