It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Its really difficult finding any info on this game online. Seems to be a forgotten gem I guess.

Here are some questions I have:

How exactly do you unlock all archive pages? Even after finishing the game I seem to miss a few, like the ones at the very end. Is there some secret to it? Playing it 2 times? On impossible difficulty? Would be really good to know.

What is the difference between the difficulties anyway? Is there some exclusive content or hidden ending? Or is it just more difficult like monsters doing even more damage?

Does transforming into the beast often actually affect the ending outcome? Even if you saved and helped all people on your way? I wasnt sure if this was considered bad for karma or not.
xXPostalDudeXx: Its really difficult finding any info on this game online. Seems to be a forgotten gem I guess.

Here are some questions I have:

How exactly do you unlock all archive pages? Even after finishing the game I seem to miss a few, like the ones at the very end. Is there some secret to it? Playing it 2 times? On impossible difficulty? Would be really good to know.

What is the difference between the difficulties anyway? Is there some exclusive content or hidden ending? Or is it just more difficult like monsters doing even more damage?

Does transforming into the beast often actually affect the ending outcome? Even if you saved and helped all people on your way? I wasnt sure if this was considered bad for karma or not.
Hey there, I made an account to help answer your questions, as this is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Unfortunately, I think link rot and time has wiped most of the information off the web.

To unlock all the archive pages you'll need to beat the game on any difficulty while obtaining all three possible endings. IIRC each good/neutral/bad ending unlocks 2 archive pages. There's also quite a bit of out of the way somewhat hidden areas that contain some secrets or easter eggs.

As far as I know, the difficulty settings don't effect anything more than monster health and the effectiveness of health.

transforming into the beast will not effect your morality rating.

I'll try and poke back here again in the near future to respond to any further questions you have.

BTW, have you found the Gonzo gun?
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I found the Gonzo Chicken gun. :P
xXPostalDudeXx: Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I found the Gonzo Chicken gun. :P
Excellent that chicken is very fun, if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

I challenge you to find Sergei's stash and a telephone that quotes the Shining with "Things could be better Lloyd, Things could be a whole hell of a lot better".

Also, just for anyone else who is reading this. Has anyone ever actually gotten the Swizzlestick trick to working in the sequal The Suffering: Ties That Bind?
HeadlessT: Also, just for anyone else who is reading this. Has anyone ever actually gotten the Swizzlestick trick to working in the sequal The Suffering: Ties That Bind?
I did get the swizzle stick in the PS2 version of the sequel, though. I need to replay the PC version to be sure.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by makaikishi
HeadlessT: Also, just for anyone else who is reading this. Has anyone ever actually gotten the Swizzlestick trick to working in the sequal The Suffering: Ties That Bind?
makaikishi: I did get the swizzle stick in the PS2 version of the sequel, though. I need to replay the PC version to be sure.
Interesting, I've doubted it's existence for years. I've never found a video of anyone performing it. And every website that mentions it seems to be copy pasted from other websites, word for word. God knows how many hours over the years I've spent trying to trigger it. If you can accomplish it, please try and take a screen shot at least lol.