It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Too bad that this game, as well as the Vikings extension for The Settlers II: 10th Anniversary aren't available on GOG.

The game was released in several countries:
- Germany: Die Siedler: Aufbruch der Kulturen (2008)
- Poland: The Settlers: Narodziny kultur (2009)
- Russia: The Settlers II: Зарождение цивилизаций (2010)

Unofficial translations can be found on the internet for this game, and the titles are:
English: The Settlers: Rise of Cultures
French: The Settlers : Éveil des cultures

15 years have passed since its release, and you still can't buy this game on online gaming platforms such as GOG.

In the attachment below you can see how the game looked like.
Attachments:
beta02.jpg (169 Kb)
Post edited March 26, 2023 by kardaw
*Bump*

I have been looking for a digital copy of Rise of Cultures too since I have finished both the 10th Anniversary and the Vikings expansion several times now.
The skirmish maps are boring since the AI is utterly stupid and doesn't attack so need a new challenge.

Have found the CD version on both Ebay and Amazon but there are many complaints about the Securom security preventing you from running it under newer Windows versions :(

However, I did run into this archive where you can find an .exe file of the expansion which can be downloaded! I haven't tried it myself yet (have to do so once I'm home) but perhaps you can get it to work?

Good Luck!

ia801505.us.archive.org/view_archive.php?archive=/6/items/cbs-1-2014/CBS_1-2014<dot>iso
Try GameRanger so you can play in multiplayer with others, if playing against the bots was too easy.
TimothyJ: *Bump*

I have been looking for a digital copy of Rise of Cultures too since I have finished both the 10th Anniversary and the Vikings expansion several times now.
The skirmish maps are boring since the AI is utterly stupid and doesn't attack so need a new challenge.

Have found the CD version on both Ebay and Amazon but there are many complaints about the Securom security preventing you from running it under newer Windows versions :(

However, I did run into this archive where you can find an .exe file of the expansion which can be downloaded! I haven't tried it myself yet (have to do so once I'm home) but perhaps you can get it to work?

Good Luck!

ia801505.us.archive.org/view_archive.php?archive=/6/items/cbs-1-2014/CBS_1-2014<dot>iso
Yeah it suucks that there is no Vikings expansion, the fixes like one click "train soliders here" and all the stuff needed will be transfered to that building and couple of other fixes are so good that I would not be able to play just the main game now.

anyway, I have a copy of Vikings and Rise of culutres PL version but I think you can choose ENG as well.
I can share it with whoever wants it. Just add me on GOG

Do Polaków
Mam Vikingów i Narodziny Kultur (nie było łatwo znaleźć ) mogę się podzielić. Dodajcie mnie na GOG
Attachments:
settlers.png (24 Kb)
Post edited March 14, 2024 by Andorek
TimothyJ: *Bump*

Good Luck!

Andorek: Yeah it suucks that there is no Vikings expansion, the fixes like one click "train soliders here" and all the stuff needed will be transfered to that building and couple of other fixes are so good that I would not be able to play just the main game now.

anyway, I have a copy of Vikings and Rise of culutres PL version but I think you can choose ENG as well.
I can share it with whoever wants it. Just add me on GOG

Do Polaków
Mam Vikingów i Narodziny Kultur (nie było łatwo znaleźć ) mogę się podzielić. Dodajcie mnie na GOG
Cześć, wysłałem zaproszenie, zależy mi na Narodzinach Kultur, Wikingach w sumie też :)))