It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Since no one else has mentioned it and just so you guys know:

[url=https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Strife:_Veteran_Edition#Source_port_support]Strife Souce Ports[/url]

"On Wednesday, May 31, 2017, GZDoom 3.1.0 was released, now supporting Strife Veteran Edition's extended single player campaign. As of June 4, 2017 (the time of this writing), Capture the Chalice, the multiplayer mode, is not yet supported."

This happened because GZDoom had gone fully open source on version 3.0.0 as GPLv3, while Strife: Veteran Edition was GPLv2. I contacted Graf Zahl (GZDoom's maintainer) about SVE's open source and he added SVE single player support soon thereafter.
Post edited March 14, 2018 by TheBigCore
Is it better playing Vetern Edition with GZdoom or just the standard engine?
Crosmando: Is it better playing Vetern Edition with GZdoom or just the standard engine?
Being able to play it in GZdoom means you'll be able to play the single-player campaign on Windows, Linux, or Macs and will not need to rely upon GOG's executable if you are having issues with that.

If you didn't know this already, in order to use GZdoom, make sure that the following 3 files are in the same directory as its executable:

strife1.wad
voices.wad
sve.wad

After that, click on Gzdoom.exe and select SVE.WAD in the IWAD selection menu.
Post edited May 19, 2018 by TheBigCore
Huh, I just got the Veteran's edition version and saw this (After lot of time playing). Did not know the new version was compatible... what's the main differences with the old dos version?

Also, which are the files to configure GZDoom for the DOS version? I've beehn looking a bit and didn't found anything clear on that.
Neurus_Ex: Huh, I just got the Veteran's edition version and saw this (After lot of time playing). Did not know the new version was compatible... what's the main differences with the old dos version?

Also, which are the files to configure GZDoom for the DOS version? I've been looking a bit and didn't found anything clear on that.
If you only want to play the original DOS version of Strife within GZdoom, you need to place the following 2 files in the same directory as gzdoom.exe:

strife1.wad
voices.wad

In terms of differences between the DOS version and Strife: Veteran Edition, please refer to the following page and read its contents:

([url=https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Strife:_Veteran_Edition]https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Strife:_Veteran_Edition[/url])

"Strife: Veteran Edition, also known as The Original Strife: Veteran Edition, is a re-release of Strife which was released through Steam on December 12, 2014 and GOG.com on May 19, 2016. It features an enhanced engine derived from Chocolate Strife but with many additional optional features, including an OpenGL renderer with support for high-resolution, widescreen display, bloom, static lightmaps, dynamic light sources, and more. Some features that were planned but were not completed in time for the original release in 1996 have been fully implemented, including a multiplayer "Capture the Chalice" game mode derived from Capture the Flag, dynamic objective markers on the automap, a special HUD display for the mauler's torpedo mode, and so on..."
Post edited May 12, 2018 by TheBigCore
¡Great! Thanks for the reply.

For what I see, if I had a config on GZDoom for both the original DOS version and the enhanced one, the only difference I'm gonna see is the quest markers, right?
Was someone able to complete Vetaran edition + GZdoom?

I have strange problem with some dialog options, i simply dont get any response, only dialog window is closed.
For example when i ask in Front base for stamina implants and aim teaching..

And it also seems that, there is difference with map.. vanilla Vetaran edition has enhanced maps with textures and there some navigation symbols.. GZdoom has just what basic Doom game have.

There is also problem when autosave is executed and new sector of map is loaded, im for while stuck and cant move and there is usually helping to jump or go back, or go backwards.. Im sure that it has to be some issue.

I completed Hexen and Heretic with GZdoom and has not such issues..
Post edited August 19, 2020 by ruthan666