It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

We have uploaded the latest version of The Lords of Midnight. Please check your shelves and make sure to download the new installer that will update your game to version 1.12.

Version 1.12 Changelog
1. FIXED: Graphic line glitch under certain terrain and various sizes
2. FIXED: Poor quality of distant terrain
3. FIXED: Random action selection when dragging main view. ( eg. Suddenly asking, do you want night? )
4. FIXED: Double army display
5. FIXED: Approach screen not appearing when entering a location with a recruitable character

Thanks and have a nice day :)
I'd like to add my joy to seeing this released here on GOG.com. It is a great game. Had a lot of fun before and having a lot of fun again with it! I'd love to see more releases along these lines, such Doomdark's Revenge. If it does well I'd also like to see an editor and so perhaps mod or mapping/scenario making capabilities. Maybe more along the lines of TME ideas and concepts? Any extra info given to the player at the end like casualties, named characters lost or killed, beasts defeated, etc. would be very fun too and maybe even give ideas or options for extra scenarios.

All in all though cheers and well done. I'm ready to lap up whatever comes next. :)
Fezred: I'd like to add my joy to seeing this released here on GOG.com. It is a great game. Had a lot of fun before and having a lot of fun again with it! I'd love to see more releases along these lines, such Doomdark's Revenge. If it does well I'd also like to see an editor and so perhaps mod or mapping/scenario making capabilities. Maybe more along the lines of TME ideas and concepts? Any extra info given to the player at the end like casualties, named characters lost or killed, beasts defeated, etc. would be very fun too and maybe even give ideas or options for extra scenarios.

All in all though cheers and well done. I'm ready to lap up whatever comes next. :)
Doomdark's Revenge will be along in the new year. After that I will be making the code available for anyone to make scenarios. I'm hoping that some of the Midnight/MU Community will port some of their scenarios to it.

As for additional features, I'm sure I will keep tinkering away. :)
Fezred: I'd like to add my joy to seeing this released here on GOG.com. It is a great game. Had a lot of fun before and having a lot of fun again with it! I'd love to see more releases along these lines, such Doomdark's Revenge. If it does well I'd also like to see an editor and so perhaps mod or mapping/scenario making capabilities. Maybe more along the lines of TME ideas and concepts? Any extra info given to the player at the end like casualties, named characters lost or killed, beasts defeated, etc. would be very fun too and maybe even give ideas or options for extra scenarios.

icemarkuk: Doomdark's Revenge will be along in the new year. After that I will be making the code available for anyone to make scenarios. I'm hoping that some of the Midnight/MU Community will port some of their scenarios to it.

As for additional features, I'm sure I will keep tinkering away. :)
Great news, thanks! :) Really looking forward to seeing it develop and this sounds super. Had a lot of fun already so far too.
icemarkuk: Doomdark's Revenge will be along in the new year. After that I will be making the code available for anyone to make scenarios.
That is great news indeed.
icemarkuk: I'm hoping that some of the Midnight/MU Community will port some of their scenarios to it.
Their scenarios? Is there a way to get scenarios for Lords of Midnight?
Post edited December 13, 2013 by RafaelLopez
icemarkuk: Doomdark's Revenge will be along in the new year. After that I will be making the code available for anyone to make scenarios.
RafaelLopez: That is great news indeed.
icemarkuk: I'm hoping that some of the Midnight/MU Community will port some of their scenarios to it.
RafaelLopez: Their scenarios? Is there a way to get scenarios for Lords of Midnight?
The engine allows for scenarios to be written for it. The whole point of the engine was to abstract out as much as possible from code to data. There isn't much in the Midnight/MU games that the midnight engine can't do. So bringing over scenarios from Midnight/MU should be pretty easy. Sometime next year I will go through the process, and either individual games will be released, or there will be a scenario section inside of Lords of Midnight / Doomdark's Revenge.
I have a question about versions.
When i download the game from GOG, the executable is shown as
setup_lords_of_midnight_2.2.0.5.exe
When I click Update in the game, I get a link to
The_Lords_of_Midnight_v1.12.zip

Which one is the newest? I tried looking at the version of the Midnight.exe file but all seem to be version 1.0.0.1.
RaidZero: I have a question about versions.
When i download the game from GOG, the executable is shown as
setup_lords_of_midnight_2.2.0.5.exe
When I click Update in the game, I get a link to
The_Lords_of_Midnight_v1.12.zip

Which one is the newest? I tried looking at the version of the Midnight.exe file but all seem to be version 1.0.0.1.
The GOG installer version has the latest version of Lords of Midnight :)