Huh. I completely missed that, thanks for pointing that out. That's really weird though; why remove it from GOG if they're still going to support it? I haven't seen that happen before.
I don't know, honestly.
We'll just have to hope that someone
is allowed to provide some information at some point in the future.
I wouldn't hold my breath though.
i own it on the other platform can i have a gog version ?
reason i ask is i'm going to be offline soon (financial problems and isp keeps putting the price up) and i obviously won't be able to play it on steem because of not being online
obviously i'd have to prove i own it
so what are the chances of getting a gog version before i go offline?
Realistically, unless Hinterland and CD Projekt (GOG) somehow agree to add the title to GOG connect, this is almost definitely not going to happen.
That said, despite the Steam release not being DRM-free, it may be DRM-light.
That is to say, if you install it on your device, and then put Steam into offline mode, it could
continue working for at least a week, if not upwards of 6 months, so long as the computer is disconnected from the internet.
To put Steam into offline mode for this purpose:
1) Make sure the computer is online for all steps before step 8.
2) Make sure Steam is fully updated.
3) Make sure The Long Dark is fully downloaded, installed, and updated. (..And any other games you want to play offline.)
4) Start The Long Dark at least once after installing or updating it through Steam while you are online. (..And any other games you want to play offline.)
5) Click "Steam" in the top left corner of the Steam client.
6) Choose "Go Offline..." from the drop-down menu.
7) Choose "Restart In Offline Mode"
8a) Don't use any online features.
8b) When you start Steam in the future, Choose "Start In Offline Mode"
8c) If you are asked for your username and password by Steam, enter them as you normally would online; they should be locally authenticated by the tokens.
8d) If you do go back into Steam online mode, repeat the process from step 1 to go offline again.
The console releases should work offline as-is.