It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

×
I have ToCS 1 even though the last thread on the subject implied poor/flaky support at best (I would've posted this in that thread, but I figured it should be moved to the ToCS subforum). From that thread, I did not see a good solution for the "no background music" issue at all. In addition, there is an option for rumble support, but that doesn't seem to work, either. Of course wine's gamepad support is pretty weird, and mostly non-functional, anyway, so that doesn't surprise me too much (and, for all I know, it may not work in Windows, either). Has anybody found a solution to either of these two issues? Other than these two issues, the game runs well enough in vanilla wine-3.6-3.9 (I have not completed the game, but am near the end of the last chapter). It crashes sometimes when saving or loading the game, but never corrupts saves in the process, so it doesn't bother me.

I am somewhat interested in ToCS2 as well, but am unsure if it will even be remotely compatible. appdb implies there are actually fewer issues, but I don't generally trust appdb except to give me hints on how to fix known issues. I guess the next 2 may end up broken as well, so I'm not sure I should even bother with this series any more.
This question / problem has been solved by Gydionimage
avatar
darktjm: I have ToCS 1 even though the last thread on the subject implied poor/flaky support at best (I would've posted this in that thread, but I figured it should be moved to the ToCS subforum). From that thread, I did not see a good solution for the "no background music" issue at all.
AppDB report suggests simply winetricks xact and native xaudio2_7.dll override to fix BGM. I don't own this myself though.
avatar
Gydion: AppDB report suggests simply winetricks xact and native xaudio2_7.dll override to fix BGM. I don't own this myself though.
Thanks. I was pretty sure xact/xaudio was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't work the first time. Perhaps other things I've thrown at it either affected that attempt or my latest attempt, but I do now get bgm with xact. I also looked at appdb, and did not see this, probably because the results are now collapsed by default <sigh>.

Sorry for asking 3 questions. This was the most important, so I'll call it solved.
avatar
darktjm: ...but I do now get bgm with xact. I also looked at appdb, and did not see this, probably because the results are now collapsed by default <sigh>.
Good to hear. Yeah, the collapsed by default is bullshit and it expands via javascript. It should be expanded by default and have the stupid scripting collapse it if they have to have it. Anyway, I overrode the CSS myself to have it all expanded.
Post edited June 06, 2018 by Gydion