- XBox360 controller works just fine (I'm using it with no problems)
- Many of the default key settings are quite weird and you can't change them ingame
- There is however a config.exe that allows you to change the key setting (for all, mouse, keyboard and gamepad)
- This works for all keys EXCEPT movement keys, those will ALWAYS use the left analog stick on the gamepad and can't be changed, movement with D-Pad is not possible
- You also can't use directions on the D-Pad or right analog stick for other key assignments, they won't be detected, for example you can't set the camera movement to the right analog stick
The stuff with the right-stick, DPad, and the back two triggers (L2 & R2 on PS3, don't know what they're called on XBox) are all probably due to DirectInput only, as I suspected in my previous post. DirectInput doesn't read from those three things typically from my own past experiences. The right-stick issue is something new to me, but the latter two issues are common in games that don't support XInput.