It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I bought the game planning to use my Nintendo switch pro controller to play it. It isn't going well so I'm using Keyboard/mouse for the time being.

I have an old 360 controller lying around and I'm considering picking up the wireless adapter to use it on my PC.

Will the game support it?

Thank you in advance for the feedback.
This question / problem has been solved by Unkalibriertimage
Trails in the Sky supports it, I see no reason why Trails of Cold Steel wouldn't do the same.
Unkalibriert: Trails in the Sky supports it, I see no reason why Trails of Cold Steel wouldn't do the same.
Thank you for the quick response.
Not solved.
Unkalibriert: Trails in the Sky supports it, I see no reason why Trails of Cold Steel wouldn't do the same.
I do have four games of the legend of heroes series:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
and
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Hardware windows 8.1 and a shiny new original x-box one controller, connected via bluetooth and/or an usb cable.

I have no problem running the first three, even in linux with wine I can run the first three games.

But the last one "Trails of Cold Steel" is using a new game engine. My controller does *not* work out of the box.
No button press or joystick movement is recognized.

My solution is to start steam, add a non steam game to my steam library. Configure this game specifically as suitable for a normal gamepad and start this game within steam. Now everything is working.

Never found another new game not compatible with my original x-box one controller. The setup screen of this game does include an option for a x-box 360 controller, but there are obvious differences between the older controller and my new x-box one controller. I have updated all drivers for windows and the firmware of my controller.

No other software is running on my new pc and interfering with my setup.

I am unable to get it running without the hassle to configure it within steam.
Trails of cold steel is using a newer game engine than the first three games of this series. My new x-box one controller is not working out of the box, explained in my other post.
The original question was about Cold Steel' s support for the XBox 360 controller, not the newer XBox One controller - and I don't know about that.