It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone, sorry if this has been answered elswhere but i have been searching for a while for a solution.
When i run the guild i have to massive black borders on both sides of the screen, i was wondering if anyone knows of any way to get rid of this? I have tried editing the ini (using DIRECTWINDOW/FULLSCREEN etc) and am unable to make it go away.

Just wondering if there is in fact a solution, or if it is simply due to the inability of the game to use a high res.

Running win 8 with a 980m
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
randommonicle: Hello everyone, sorry if this has been answered elswhere but i have been searching for a while for a solution.
When i run the guild i have to massive black borders on both sides of the screen, i was wondering if anyone knows of any way to get rid of this? I have tried editing the ini (using DIRECTWINDOW/FULLSCREEN etc) and am unable to make it go away.

Just wondering if there is in fact a solution, or if it is simply due to the inability of the game to use a high res.

Running win 8 with a 980m
I think there is no known solution to that problem... sadly, we have to deal with those ugly black bars.
i had a feeling that was the case. Damn it. Ah well. Still a great game either way.
randommonicle: i had a feeling that was the case. Damn it. Ah well. Still a great game either way.
In the game.ini file change the first line to :

Bildmodus=DIRECTWINDOW

This sets the game in Windowed mode for me (no Black Borders) .

This is using the TnL shortcut, don't know about the other though I would think it should work.
The Guild was made when most people were using a 4:3 ratio monitors; now 16:9 monitors are the norm. Those "ugly black bars" are there to maintain the integrity of the game's graphics and prevent them from being horizontally stretched. Sometimes modders will put their efforts into correcting this for modern displays, but not for The Guild. A good reference website for these types of issues is pcgamingwiki.com. Nothing really for this game, but it might come in handy for other titles.
randommonicle: i had a feeling that was the case. Damn it. Ah well. Still a great game either way.
wanderer_27: In the game.ini file change the first line to :

Bildmodus=DIRECTWINDOW

This sets the game in Windowed mode for me (no Black Borders) .

This is using the TnL shortcut, don't know about the other though I would think it should work.
Thanks for the attemted help, i did try that already and got no joy, just gave me a window with the black borders.
I had to find out how to activate the black bars, on my part. Did so in the display options of Radeon Settings, under Panel Scaling -- it was set to extend, I set it to keep aspect ratio.
Not only is it worse to have an immensely stretched image killing your aspect ratio than black on the sides that simply makes it as if you have 4:3 monitor, while the display is stretched, the mouse movement is off. Because it very simply stretches the image and readjusts nothing else for it, the mouse moves a lot faster on the X axis than the Y axis, which is just bad juju. You don't want different mouse speeds for each axis, that's a quick path to getting tired of the game. And a lot of folk are bound to get headaches or even stomach sickness from the disorientation.